Captainwow

Wednesday, October 25, 2006

The Lonely Goatherd Does a Meme

I heard Cookie Monster Burp on Sesame Street today. Did he always do that?? Gee, I think I woulda thought that was hilarious when I was a kid.

Maybe I just thought it was normal.

And Geez I wrote this whole post this morning and lost half of it while trying to publish. BAD Blogger! BAD!

SpookyRach says Rachel's Mom says we should do this meme: So I'm following orders. That's all. It has nothing to do with the fact that I have not an ounce of creativity in me this morning. Nothing at all.

1. List two things that are true of you that are not stereotypically true of members of some group that you belong to.

a) I don't enjoy shopping at the mall. It drains me. I don't generally like shopping anywhere for very long. It sucks the life out of me, and it took me a long time to finally admit that. I get bone tired after about an hour and all I want to do is sleep. I used to humor my friends and I tried really hard to like it, but now I just admit defeat and don't bother unless I have to. This is not to say that I don't like stuff, or buying stuff - I just think the shopping atmosphere is bad for me personally.

b) I rarely take 2 hours to get ready in the morning or to go out somewhere. I do not have to look perfect. I mostly don't give a crap what other people think of my appearance. (mostly) Especially, if I'm going to Walgreens and just might step in a pile of grits. People who spill GRITS in the parking lot!? Why should I care what they think of my appearance??

2. List two unusual talents that you have.

a) I can yodel. I'm not great at it but I can do it better than most. I won a yodelling contest in the GR Oktoberfest when I was 21. I did it in my marching band uniform - because that's why I was there in the first place. The band always had to be at all of these freaking COLD wet rainy events! I didn't plan to enter, but when I heard everyone else, I thought sure I could do it better. So I sang: "High on a hill was a lonely goatherd! Lay ee odl lay ee odl lay hee hoo! Loud was the voice of the lonely goatherd! Lay ee odl lay ee odl-oo!!!" I won a big stein of beer. I drank the beer and gave the stein away.

And now, I'm too embarrassed to yodel even for my husband. But I'll drink a stein of beer for him if he asks me to.

b) I can do spoonerism really well. I'm gery vood at it.

3. List two unusual weaknesses that you have.

a)I'm creeped out by bugs even though I grew up in the country. I get all girly and scream and stuff sometimes. Other times I'm really tough and deal with it pretty well.

b) TV. I can't do much or have an intelligent conversation if there is a TV on in the room. I have to glue my eyes to it and sit with my mouth hanging open. I even do this when it's Sam's Farm Baby Einstein DVD that we've watched several times. I still sit just as mesmerized as he is by Teletubbies. So unless I leave the room, I'm sitting there with him, doing nothing, rotting my brain out.

4. List two unusual things that you aspire to.

a) When I wrote this this AM I wrote that I aspired to make Spring Rolls soon. Well, I did that this afternoon. Now I aspire to making really GOOD spring rolls. heh.

b) I aspire to sleeping for more than 3 or 4 hours at a time someday. Mr. Samson at 8 months still believes he must eat like a bird during the day and then eat 4-6 ounces every 3.5 or 4 hours at night! Then if he's teething or has a cold - forget it. grrrrr!

5. List two words that you use more than most people do.

a) dang
b) groovy

6. List two foods that you dislike and most other people like.

a) I just like food. I don't dislike much that isn't generally disliked by lots of people I think.

7. List two strange habits that you have.

a) According to others, I have lots of strange habits. One of them is that I smell things. I am constantly smelling things. Sometimes it's embarassing. Someone will give me a gift and I'll smell it. Then they look at me funny and I feel silly.

b) Click my fingernails against a book while I'm reading it. Sometimes I even annoy myself!

** disclaimer: I am not saying that people who eat grits are lower than me. Grits are Great! I would say the same if it were Eggs Benedict I stepped in in the parking lot. Just sayin....

4 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home