Captainwow

Saturday, September 23, 2006

Dis n Dat

We were supposed to be out camping this weekend. But no. It is rainy and that is no fun.

So yesterday Amazing Man gave me the afternoon off, where I ran off to the Library and checked out some Thomas Merton books. We are supposed to pick a Mystic to mentor us as we go through our Companioning class. I picked Mr. Merton. He rocks. So I've done some reading but I thought I'd read more of his autobiographical stuff. So I actually know more about him - not just what he thought.

I also checked out a Chip Davis CD. Anyone remember him? Yikes. I can't stand that stuff anymore. What happened?

Y'all have been doing some great posting. Making me think and stuff. And laugh.

so that's good. And Sam is beginning to wake from his nap now, but sounds as if he's fine entertaining himself for a few moments while I type out some more trivial sentences about my life.

Highlights of the morning: Cinnamon Rolls from Nantucket Bakery and STRONG COFFEE! We even squeezed in some porch time, as it's pretty warm out already.

It's time to pack up the summer clothes. I have also a bunch of old shoes to get rid of. Like, why do I keep these shoes even though I'll never wear them again? And no one ELSE would ever wear them because they're in such BAD shape so it's not like I'm going to take them to Good Will or anything! I must harden my heart like a pirate and get a trash bag and FILL IT with those old nasty shoes!!! GARR!

Also, JustPat and I are doing a review of the local Sushi Restaraunts. We've now tried 3 of them. So far Marado's downtown is still the best. ShoGun gets very low marks, and so does Minado's at Knapp Corner. But Minado's has a big buffet of chinese and japanese and korean food. Also, it's on the 2nd floor and you get to take an ELEVATOR to it! It feels so big city! But their sushi was loosely wrapped and the rolls were ALL so BIG you could barely fit them in your mouth. One expects with the big fancy rolls but not the smaller rolls with only one or two items in them. So there, that's the take so far. In two weeks we'll hit the one up on Alpine and we'll tell you all about it.

That's all for now, tonight it's bulgogi and hopefully campfire with frenz if it doesn't rain.

5 Comments:

  • I am always glad to read your accountings of what is going on with you.

    Throw those old shoes away!! (I know it is hard, I have trouble letting my old ones go too.)

    By Blogger annie, at 9/23/2006 2:04 PM  

  • Oh Lord, I'm terrible about getting rid of shoes!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 9/23/2006 8:35 PM  

  • I'm afraid my shoes will hunt me down and kick me if I toss them!

    By Blogger spookyrach, at 9/24/2006 9:40 AM  

  • Ginny, you have to explain what the heck was going on with that comment on my blog. IS it a song? Is it part of a comedy sketch? Have you been getting enough sleep?

    By Blogger little david, at 9/27/2006 10:25 PM  

  • Can't wait until the next sushi quest - Alpine Teriaki & Sushi!

    Yeah, Minado's food bar was really good, except for the sushi and for their torturous delivery of shrimp on a stick.

    By Blogger Pat, at 10/01/2006 9:51 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home