Captainwow

Friday, September 15, 2006

Has it really been that long!?


Thanks Little David for asking about me!
YUP I'm OK.

Good, in fact. We've been indeed paying attention to Sam and Blogging is more and more off the radar for me. I wasn't even aware I'd not blogged in the last two weeks!

But to fill you in, it turned out we were never meant to be referred to the Helmet Guy anyway - Sam's head will, according to a pediatrician, our doctor and a poll of her colleagues, round out more, even if not all the way. We are fine with this and will not be putting the poor kid in a helmet for 3-5 months!!
We're so relieved to have that decision made. Apparently the folks at the clinic referred us to the wrong place, our doctor didn't mean for us to see the Helmet Guy, she just meant for us to have some furthur input on repositioning ideas and so forth. She was very apologetic, which was very nice of her.

Thanks to all of your for your comments and well wishes and advice and prayers on that topic!! We're grateful to have so many folks on our side and in community with us as we make our way on down the road!

Here's a picture of Sam not liking the Rice Cereal very much. He did a little better with Squash last night but still weirded out by the feel of anything not Formula in his mouth!

In other news, Amazing Man and I have been on a roll and played Settlers every night for a good while now. Usually just with us, but sometimes with frenz. One more reason for not blogging. But it's great times spent playing together and warring for control of the island!!

On Monday I start the Spiritual Companioning Phase II at Marywood. Yeeehaw! I bought a big fat 3 ring binder at a back to school sale and it felt like being a little kid getting my school supplies! I wanted to go wild and buy pencils and paper and a Trapper Keeper and new Shoes and new PANTS and new GYM SHOES and ALL that FUN STUFF!! But I resisted and only bought what I needed, which was a big fat 3 ring binder.

7 Comments:

  • I wondered...but figured you were busy with real life! I worked right up until time to have my first one. I remembered thinking I would have so much time to work on my quilting after I quit work...guess I thought the baby was going to sit in a corner and be quiet! Needless to say, that is not how it went down!

    I'm glad to hear baby Sam does not have to wear a helmet.

    Enjoy filling that big fat 3 ring binder with all sorts of learning!

    By Blogger annie, at 9/16/2006 9:36 AM  

  • Love that picture of Sam.

    Take Care
    Michael

    By Blogger Michael, at 9/16/2006 11:12 AM  

  • My son did not eat food until he was 2. I was so tired of nursing him, I lied and said Santa wouldn't come unless he gave up nursing and started eating big boy food.

    By Blogger Patti, at 9/16/2006 3:22 PM  

  • He's so cute!

    By Blogger jo(e), at 9/16/2006 6:33 PM  

  • What a great picture.....and I don't blame him for not liking the rice cereal, yuck! Mix some applesauce in it...maybe that'll entice the little guy.
    You will have the best time at Marywood and I am totally envious!
    Take lots of notes so you can share with all of us.

    By Blogger Lori, at 9/16/2006 9:28 PM  

  • Good to hear from you, again. Blogging can take up a LOT of time and you really do need to spend time with your endearing family. But we didn't forget you.

    By Blogger little david, at 9/17/2006 4:55 PM  

  • Picking a trapper keeper is a spiritual experience, don't ya know!? How can you pass up the chance for one??? How??

    By Blogger spookyrach, at 9/18/2006 2:22 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home