Captainwow

Friday, August 18, 2006

More Sam Stuff

Camping went well... Sam was a little camp champ! Even while teething, we're pretty impressed at his ability to roll with the surroundings. He loves being out doors.

Interestingly he chose that night to decide to do Tummy Time on his own for the first time (that I've seen at least). I didn't even know he could roll that much on his own. I woke up at 3AM and saw a shadow next to me - I thought "What in the world?" I reached out and it was Sam's HEAD!! He was on his tummy, pushed up on his arms, lookin around like it was normal. He probably wondered where in the world he was! Maybe he does that every night and I just don't see it. It made me happy and sad at the same time. He's making progress, which is normal and terrific, and it also means he's not widdew baby Sambaby cradled in my arms so little teeny tiny any more and never will be...

Also, he's started saying Mama. Ma! MA! MAaaaaaagghhh! but I think he doesn't know that Mama is me? I'm not sure, but it's fun anyway!

Last night I dreamed someone I didn't know dropped off a little newborn baby girl for me to take care of while he went to work. I felt imposed upon, but she was so little and sweet in her cute pink dress. I thought "Well, maybe this will be fun." Then I noticed she had a poopie diaper. I said something to the guy and he said "Ya, I always drop her off that way so I don't have to change it." So I looked in her diaper bag for a diaper and all I could find was these little Light Days pantyliners with Micky Mouse printed on the wrappers! I thought that was awfully strange and I felt frustrated. Sam was in the room too, and was crying a little, like he was bored or something which made me feel even more stressed. I woke up and he really was starting to cry a little... time to get up!

Hope all's wellywell in your world. It's Friday - Happy Weekend!

7 Comments:

  • Yeah for tummy time! I'm glad the camping went well. Post some photos! Take care.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 8/18/2006 1:04 PM  

  • The time just passes too darn quickly! Your stories help me remember my own when they were so little.

    By Blogger annie, at 8/18/2006 2:52 PM  

  • At least you didn't scream and jump when you woke up to find him staring at you! That might've scarred him for life, ha ha! Glad y'all had such a good time.

    By Blogger spookyrach, at 8/18/2006 5:35 PM  

  • Ahh....gee....that is so sweet, your camping trip...really does make you wonder what they are thinking...so small, but they see so much. Funny, dream...maybe by product of all the fresh air.

    By Blogger Lori, at 8/18/2006 7:33 PM  

  • What about the time Sam spent playing with the racoon? You didn't mention that!

    (Necessity is the mother of all invention...)

    By Blogger Headless-in-GR, at 8/21/2006 6:32 PM  

  • That's so awesome that he's already camping!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 8/21/2006 10:32 PM  

  • Glad the campout went as planned (mostly). I got to see Orion at the first part of this week. He loves jumping in his, . . . well, what do they call that jumpy contraption? Every time he jumps it plays a tune and flashes lights.

    Orion is also not that fond of being on his tummy. He prefers standing. Even when he is in the car seat, he strains to get his head up.

    You have a good weekend, too.

    By Blogger little david, at 9/02/2006 1:12 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home