Captainwow

Thursday, October 12, 2006

Colorful Dreams

Last night I dreamed I had a blogger party and all my fellow bloggers came for dinner. I had people sign up for salad, soup, bread, or meat. So I was announcing which course we were having and people pulled their appropriate dishes out from under the table. I remember feeling stressed. And I remember that someone brought baked cornish hens and my mom (even though she doesn't have a blog) brought baked turkey breast. I thought YUM!!! But for some reason, I was too busy to eat. Maybe you were there..... I don't remember who was there besides my mom except that it was a very long table full of people.

Speaking of food.... JustPat and I tried another sushi place last Thursday evening. We sampled sushi from Alpine Teriyaki & Sushi. It way rates better than Sho Gun and better than Minado's, but still doesn't hold a candle to Marado's (downtown). We tried 4 different rolls, one of them was squid, which I think neither one of us would order again. It wasn't horrible, but not exciting either. The Sweet potato roll had a piece of tempura fried sweet potato rolled with the rice and seaweed - now that was pretty good! We also had a smoked salmon roll and a JB Roll which was similar to a Philly Roll but with Green Onion.

In other news, I have been putting off re-entering our Address List into a spreadsheet! I did it before our wedding in order to keep the invitations organized, and the file is now lost in floppy disk land since our new PC has no floppy disk drive. Anyway, I thought it would take hours. It only took 1. heh. I haven't done data entry in a while, but I used to do it all the time, so I forgot how quickly it can go! So that's done. yee haw.

I have rolling around in my head an idea to have a coloring party. Crayons and coloring books and coffee and cookies and friends. hmmmm....

Also, it snowed. Lots. And now it's sunny and purdy out. And Cold.
Brrrr.

5 Comments:

  • It SNOWED? REALLY?

    Wow. I realize you are living in Nanook territory, but wow.

    I reeeaaally like to color. Can I come to your party?

    By Blogger spookyrach, at 10/13/2006 2:56 PM  

  • I'll let you know when I have it. If You fly on up to Snow country you're welcome to the party! haha

    By Blogger Captainwow, at 10/13/2006 4:20 PM  

  • I was there!

    By Blogger Patti, at 10/14/2006 3:58 PM  

  • i would have brought pie ... maybe 3 different varieties ... that's usually my "safe" item!

    ya, snowed here too ... it's melting quickly and i hope that indian summer takes over for the next 6 weeks! ya!

    By Blogger Saija, at 10/14/2006 8:02 PM  

  • oooooo...a coloring party!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 10/17/2006 1:24 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home