Captainwow

Thursday, October 20, 2005

Final Chapter of Attila the Hun's Campaign

Picked up one of these yesterday. A Pet Hair Magnet. It RAWKS! Like a big RAWKING thing that RAWKS on RAWKERS! I used it on the stairs and in the hallway and on the cat tree and on the hairified chair in the living room and the hairified chair in the dining room that Mr. Hobbes loves to sit on! It works better than the sticky tacky roller thingy and it works better than the vacuum and it works on a train or in the rain or in a cab with Aunt Lorraine!
If you're looking for something like this, there's my recommendation! It now comes with the Captainwow Seal of Approval, and that's really sayin' something!

Also of interest: (or not)
Attila the Hun did not conquer Rome as intended. He (I) marched through the provinces, decimating at least 4 more populations before approaching the city of Rome. Pope Leo asked to speak with Attila outside the city gates. He took his army because he did not trust the Romans, not even the Pope. Alas, the pope would not speak to him but in private. So he left his men and had a private little visit with the Pope. What the Pope said to Attila is not known, but he turned his army away from the city and let it be. A short time later, he took a new wife to add to his harem, and on his wedding night he died in bed, having choked on his own nosebleed. Pretty ironic for one who said that grass would not grow where his steed had trodden.

So, the campaign is over. I was victorious, but not in the way I expected. It was fun. I hope you didn't mind me going on about my bloody cyber battles. You'll hear no more from Attila the Hun, maybe later I'll channel Montezuma and tell you all about it.

5 Comments:

  • Holy cow, I never saw something work that well on pet hair.

    Too bad I don't have dogs anymore.

    By Blogger Running2Ks, at 10/20/2005 8:17 PM  

  • I am totally motivated to study more history now...

    Hey! I wonder if Art Buchwald wrote anything on Atilla? What do you think, SpookyRach?

    By Blogger Headless-in-GR, at 10/21/2005 9:44 AM  

  • *snort* I dunno, Headless - but he did have some things to say about Nancy Reagan that were somewhat hun-ish.

    You may be motivated to study history. I am motivated to play video games.

    By Blogger spookyrach, at 10/21/2005 10:18 AM  

  • the game says these are historically based campaigns... and I know that the weapons and the warfare techniques are somewhat historically based also. This is the most I've ever learned about Attila the Hun OR the Roman empire. Funny thing, this came up in my Spiritual Foundation class. How the barbarians were attacking the Roman Empire and making chaos, the Empire was crumbling shortly before St Benedict came on the scene. His going out into the Desert was in reaction to the chaos in Rome and specifically the way the church was being affected. So Sister Virginia was teaching the class and I'm sitting here thinking "Hey! I learned about that last night on my computer game!" I'm such a geek!

    By Blogger Captainwow, at 10/21/2005 11:32 AM  

  • Haha - you should have told her that you knew what Leo said - that would have blown her mind!

    By Blogger Headless-in-GR, at 10/21/2005 2:50 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home