Captainwow

Friday, October 07, 2005

The Monster is Awake


Well I finally did it!

(No, I don't mean THAT, ya Perv!!)

I re awakened the Monster. You see, a year ago, I quit my job that was nearly an hour away so that I wouldn't have the commute. It seemed right at the time to take a break and not work for a while. (which turned into a long while...but that's another topic.) My wiser self knew enough to realize that I needed to limit my computer game time or I would be living in complete chaos and the house would be a wreck and I had some solitude to practice and lake draining and apparently, hormonal angst to wade through.

And I'm glad, because frankly - most of that good stuff happened and I re decorated the kitchen, and kept things under control for the most part. While I may have had days where I zoned out online, I've done pretty well keeping a balance. I've learned to slow down, walk slower, not berate myself for not being in motion at least 75% of the time. I've learned to not demand of myself constant multitasking. I took time to cry over stuff I never took time to cry for before. I let myself feel stuff I'd busied myself out of feeling. I spent time practicing silence and solitude. Sometimes really well, sometimes not so well, but I learned to let it flow and not be so hard on myself. I read new authors and learned stuff and it's been a great year. Thankfully, I have Amazing Man who is understanding and cool and supportive of all this. (even if a bit jealous)

One of the things I've been abstaining from is my favorite game Age of Empires. I went an entire YEAR (or at least close to it) without playing ANY Age of Empires! This is no small thing, I tell you. You might think I could play just a little of it now and then. But you see, I can play this game for many hours straight and forget to eat or pee or anything - it's that completely absorbing for me! Which is exactly why I chose to steer clear of it for the time being. I think I should get a coin or something for a year of sobriety.

Well, yesterday I had the urge and the time, so I played. And man was it GREAT!! I forgot how good it feels to kick some major booty and hear the drums and the music and explosions and take over THE WORLD!!! MMUUWAAAHHAHHHAAAAAA!!!

Have a good weekend y'all - I've got some ancient empire butt to kick!



Unrelated question of the day: If I spin around in circles a lot does the baby get dizzy?

5 Comments:

  • You spin around in circles a lot and the baby will make you dizzy after he is born.

    Take Care
    Michael

    By Blogger Michael, at 10/07/2005 1:16 PM  

  • . . . oh my gosh . . . keep me away from the Sim City . . . I lost weeks last summer playing that danged game :) Oh but its fabulous . . . have fun! :)

    By Blogger Katherine, at 10/07/2005 2:54 PM  

  • MY question is whether or not he keeps spinning after you stop!

    By Blogger Headless-in-GR, at 10/07/2005 3:37 PM  

  • Yes, and he claps his little hands and says WEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!

    Long live the queen!!

    By Blogger Pat, at 10/09/2005 3:17 AM  

  • That's kinda freaky, headless, but now I'm wondering the same thing!

    As for games - I am a Sims2 freak. I have wasted untold multitudes of hours on it.

    By Blogger spookyrach, at 10/10/2005 11:01 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home