Captainwow

Tuesday, September 13, 2005

Warning: Mushy Post!

The next week is going to be very busy for us, so you won't be hearing from me much. We'll be welcoming some friends into our home, and traveling to Colorado for a wedding after that.

Stinky doesn't have a blog anymore, but you may remember her from some time back. She still comments though. Stinky's been my friend since about 1976, and is getting married to her beloved Jermy this Saturday!

Of all the people from school days, she has probably been far away as much as anyone else, yet it was the easiest to keep in touch with her simply because we've always had that connection that never misses a beat. You know, the kind where you just pick up the conversation like the years and the miles haven't been in between at all.

One vacation we camped all over Colorado. We'd set up our campsite every night, look out at the mountains and say "It just don't get no better than this!" And then we'd say "We don't need no stinkin' BOYS!" Well, now we both have our stinkin' boys. And, metaphorically speaking, it's really NICE to have someone else to help haul all that gear up the mountain after all.

Congratulations, my friend - I'm looking forward to celebrating your wedding with you and your man and your family. I love you and wish you the very very best!

(gosh, now what am I going to write in your CARD!? gah!)

In honor of the upcoming wedding I'd like to propose a Poem by David Whyte.

Have a good week, y'all.

6 Comments:

  • Awwww WOW. Thanks fer dat.
    I must, in turn, thank you for the person that you are and for the friendship that we share. When I look deep inside of me, I see lots of you, and that's such a good thing. No matter where, no matter how far, no matter how long, I'll always have our laughter ringing in the corners of my soul, and what a great gift!
    So -- now I don't have to write you a thankyou card either!!
    Safe travels, I can't wait to have the 3 of you here!! Rug burns, Stinky

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 9/13/2005 3:51 PM  

  • Awww, such sweet sentiments! I love the poem too. There is another one of his that I really like called Loaves and Fishes. I am going back to check out the link and read the other poems. You have a great trip and enjoy the wedding.

    By Blogger annie, at 9/13/2005 6:53 PM  

  • ain't nut'in like old friends ... they love you, warts and all! hope you had a blast!

    By Blogger Saija, at 9/13/2005 10:34 PM  

  • Have a great time, Wow. And congrats, Stinky! Can't wait to see the pics taken with the Captain's zoom lens!

    Hey, you could do a whole new "what is it" series based on the wedding...

    By Blogger Pat, at 9/13/2005 10:38 PM  

  • Hey mommy

    You had better be taking care of yourself. Weddings can be fun but don't make it too fun.

    Take Care
    Michael

    By Blogger Michael, at 9/13/2005 11:24 PM  

  • You back yet?

    Take Care
    Michael

    By Blogger Michael, at 9/20/2005 11:42 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home