Captainwow

Thursday, August 25, 2005

E. Ville and Vin Dictive

Allow myself to introduce.... Myselves.

The kid across the street has been absolutely DEMONIC today. Screamed his head off MOST OF THE DAY. He always screams every day. Screams a lot. But today, he screamed even more. -- While his mother completely ignored him. I saw her ignore him while he stood out on the lawn and SCREAMED a piercing scream for 20 minutes. She must think she's doing the right thing? I dont' know. It makes me not want to have kids, I tell you.

Far be it from me to claim any kind of expertise in the area of parenting, but all I could think today was "PLEASE, COULD YOU JUST SHUT THAT KID UP!!!" TURN it OFF!? Isn't there a switch somewhere for this sort of thing? No no, not the kind to beat him with! (I'm not that evil... at least not most of the time)

Finally they went in the back yard, where the 2 boys proceeded to scream at the top of their lungs at each other until one of them got hurt or something then screamed bloody murder for another 30 or 40 minutes until one of the parents took him in the house where he continued to scream double bloody murder for a good while longer.

From my computer desk I can see their front yard, and just now.... I happened to look out the window and the other neighbor's big old dog lumbered on over there and crapped in their bushes!

SCORE!!

And I am sitting here laughing my head off with my E.Ville and Vin Dictive Selves.
Oh yes, I am.

3 Comments:

  • Watch out there girlie, don't talk about other people's kids. You might get a screamer too, or a whiner (I can't stand the whining)!

    But the dog trick, that's pretty funny. I'd like to train my dog to pull that stunt on one of my neighbors! (I know, that's not very nice, is it?)

    By Blogger annie, at 8/25/2005 11:34 PM  

  • You won't get a screamer. You won't get a screamer. You won't get a screamer.

    You can't hear that. You're not listening.

    Blahblahblahblahnoisenoisenoise...

    By Blogger Headless-in-GR, at 8/26/2005 9:24 AM  

  • You will be a good Mommy who will always remember that even though you are stressed out when Ginny junior misbehaves, that others don't love Ginny junior quite the way you do. And resentfully yet sincerely, you will remove Ginny junior from the front yard and place her promptly in the back yard. And you will remember that all those Victorian stories about quiet, compliant children are really all just bull wacker.

    By Blogger Pat, at 8/27/2005 6:15 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home