Captainwow

Tuesday, August 16, 2005

Walkin for Walken? - Afros and Such.

Saw a very funny thing yesterday: Our neighbor has a very steep lawn and was mowing it yesterday, making that sound mowers make when they are pushed up an incline over and over and over ad nauseum. RRUUUMMMMMMM!!! RUUUUMMMMMM!!!!
So finally I looked over there and thought MAN he ought to be done by now. This guy, with a big FRO was mowing their lawn. The kids were sitting around laughing at him. The neighbors across the street were staring at him too. I thought WOAH! THAt's a BIG FRO! I said to Kevin that it looked like his Superfly wig he wore a couple of halloweens ago. I couldn't stop staring. I was trying to think how a white guy got such a big fro. I was wondering how he felt getting laughed at by those kids and stared at by the rest of us, but he seemed oblivious. I was thinking "OK so he's got really curly hair, and he died it jet black, then he just sort of let it go."
Turned out it WAS a wig... it was just my neighbor after all, mowing his lawn with that hilarious wig on to entertain his kids. They were all laughing and then I was laughing and then Kevin was laughing at me because he didn't know that I didn't know it was just a wig.
Guess I got sucked into that one.

Get a load of this: Walken 2008 - Official Website
I don't usually get all political or anything but woah. Like, Woah, man! I don't even know what to think. Makes me think of Team America.

Ok, yesterday I had an ENORMOUS amount of hits on my site. I know a lot of you have been congratulatory, I've had some links and mentions. Thank you all very much, by the way! But it doesn't account for all the hits.... I wondered if maybe it was because I reindexed my entire blog for the first time in about a year? Could that be it?
Does anyone know?

Or maybe my powerful personal magnetism somehow reached out over cyberspace and everyone logged on all in one day.
Ya, nope. I didn't think so either.

I mean, it's fun and all... except for the spamming. I just get curious about these things. I WANT AN EXPLANATION!

In other news, we stained our front porch yesterday, it looks like we have pillars of chocolate holding up the roof of our porch now. YUM. The gel stain we used on the ceiling (so it doesn't drip - genius) looked like chocolate fudge ice cream topping.
I didn't eat any of it though. Honestly.

Hey, I'm pregnant! I can't eat stuff like that!
No smoking, no drinking and no eating substances that look like Chocolate -- no matter how yummy they appear, unless one can determine for sure that it actually is chocolate.

So I made Kevin do it.
AAAH! just kidding.
Ok I need to stop now. I'm getting silly. I think it was the Walken for president - it sort of shorted my brain out for a moment. I'll recover.

6 Comments:

  • Is this for real? Well, he would certainly give the terrorists a chill with a look like that.

    By Blogger Apostle John, at 8/16/2005 11:46 PM  

  • I agree with Apostle John - is it true? He's always been one of my favorite actors. Because he's so freakin' creepy. And running for president increases the creepy factor exponentially.

    Congrats on the hits!

    By Blogger spookyrach, at 8/17/2005 8:38 AM  

  • awww, you guys are pregnant ... (hugs), congrats, blessings and all that good stuff ... so wonderful when a child is wanted, with folks ready to love the unknown person! :o)

    you've been staining too, huh? it is a very very long process over here, we are s-l-o-w ... but the bits done, look lovely ... we are doing it "brown chocolate" too ...

    anyway, just got caught up with your happenings, and you are definitely one happening chick!

    *smiling*

    By Blogger Saija, at 8/17/2005 9:56 AM  

  • Why so much traffic? I got here by following a link on http://www.michaelmain.com/blog.htm

    Thanks, Michael, for the referral!

    I appreciated your thoughts on "The Church."

    Keep up the thoughtful posts!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 8/17/2005 9:37 PM  

  • I'll tell you what's freaky - I never noticed before, but Christopher Walken bears a startling resemblance to Pat Paulsen. Really - look:
    http://www.alaskaphotography.com/photos/historical/pat_paulsen_sanuita.html

    By Blogger Pat, at 8/18/2005 6:18 AM  

  • yeah! congrats! a baby . . . possible school coming up . . . faboo for you :)

    By Blogger Katherine, at 8/22/2005 2:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home