Captainwow

Sunday, August 14, 2005

More Adventures of Captainwow

Captainwow has been on a short sabbatical. He recently received some shocking news and decided to lay low for a while.

He has had offers to travel again, possibly to Phoenix, Colorado, and England. Soon he'll be taking in the scenes in Phoenix with my mom. The Colorado and England opportunities happen to overlap so we had a decision to make. We talked it over and decided the Colorado option might be a little easier to revisit at a later date but England is less likely to come up again for a long long time. My mom enjoys his company, and she'll be crossing the ocean soon, so Captainwow is getting geared up for that.

Meanwhile, back to the news.... Our entire household is in an adjustment period right now. We knew this day would probably come, and we were somewhat prepared for it but not in any practical way since it seemed for whatever reason that it would be a long way off.

Late May, Early June I began having little inklings that something might be on the horizon. We were getting ready for a garage sale, I was incredibly fatigued, though highly motivated - so I wondered if maybe we were "clearing out" to make room for something new. Among other symptoms, it began to appear likely that our very first month off The Patch had brought about immediate results.

Sure enough, I picked up a home test - and Captainwow interpreted the results as positive.
We captured the moment on camera:

All of this to say that Amazing Man and I are expecting a little one somewhere toward the end of February. We're pretty geeked about it.

If you pay any attention to my imood indicator over there on the sidebar you may have noticed I've been feeling "surreal" for about 3 months.
Well, that would be why.

Now that reality has set in more solidly (partly because I can't sleep on my stomach anymore) I'm feeling a little more expectant.

The cats have no idea what they're in for.... Well, we probably don't either.

12 Comments:

  • Congratulations!

    You will be an incredible mom.


    Take Care
    Michael

    By Blogger Michael, at 8/14/2005 12:03 PM  

  • I'm glad the Captain was there to interpret - sometimes those things can get so confusing! I'm sure all those years of maintaining space travel equipment and interpreting read outs came in handy!

    By Blogger Headless-in-GR, at 8/14/2005 1:09 PM  

  • Wow! I am so excited for the two of you! Congratulations!!

    And you got it--just like the cats, you have no idea what you are in for! But it will be so much fun! What great news!

    By Blogger annie, at 8/14/2005 9:36 PM  

  • oh.
    my.
    gosh!!!

    i am thrilled for you - many congratulations and expectant good wishes and blessings to you, mr. captainwow and your new little one :)

    By Blogger ~pen~, at 8/15/2005 6:21 AM  

  • What? CaptainWow is not coming to my wedding? I had a special dinner plate all ready for him. He will be missed.
    Can't wait to rub your belly! Again, congratulations and many many blessings.

    By Blogger Mawci, at 8/15/2005 12:18 PM  

  • Congrats!

    I bet CaptainWow will be a heck of a babysitter.

    (I would've chosen England too! I'm waaay jealous!)

    By Blogger spookyrach, at 8/15/2005 12:46 PM  

  • Umm...are those last three posts a joke???

    Anyway, back to you Wow!!

    Congrats again to you and Amazing Man. Here's to reality!

    By Blogger Pat, at 8/15/2005 6:25 PM  

  • No, they were the blog version of SPAM. I deleted them.

    And thanks, all you REAL comment makers! Thanks for all the well wishes and encouragement! :o)

    By Blogger Captainwow, at 8/15/2005 6:43 PM  

  • Congratulations on this most wonderful news! God Bless you all!

    By Blogger ukok, at 8/16/2005 4:22 AM  

  • OMG!!! I have been gone for just a few days come back and find this! Someone needs to like call me and keep me updated or something!

    I am so happy for you!!

    By Blogger Princess of Everything (and then some), at 8/17/2005 11:00 AM  

  • Congratulations!!!

    Too cool! I especially love it when other folks have kids..personally, I have a date for lunch with my soon te 25 year old stepdaughter and am sort of really enjoying this new season in life :)

    -MM

    By Blogger Michael, at 8/18/2005 3:11 AM  

  • Make that "my soon to be 24 year old stepdaughter..."


    Alzheimer's...you never see it comin'...:)

    -M

    By Blogger Michael, at 8/18/2005 4:19 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home