Captainwow

Monday, July 18, 2005

C'est la Même Chose

I've been tagged by martha, martha to do a meme.

What I was doing 10 years ago: Was working as a receptionist for Melange. Also teaching a studio of private students to play the flute. I rented a little studio in Miller Music Studio and had some really terrific and interesting students. It was also about that time I began realizing how much of a mess I might be and that perhaps I couldn't straighten it all out on my own.

5 years ago: Was working as an office manager for Melange (same company as above). Bought my first house. Turned 30. Survived one of the most stressful years of my life.

1 year ago: Still working at Melange - getting used to a new house and being married to Amazing Man!

Yesterday: NOT working at Melange anymore.... or anywhere else! Just at home. heh. Slept in. Ate blueberry waffles made by Amazing Man for breakfast. Played Cities and Knights with Amazing Man, Made dessert for Sunday Night and then went to Sunday night potluck.

5 Snacks I enjoy:
Doritos
chocolate
triscuits
banana baby food
trail mix bars

5 songs I know all the words to:
Amazing Grace (maybe)
Little Bunny Foo Foo
The Poop Song
Tom the Toad
The Farmer in the Dell

5 things I would do with $100 million dollars:
(Tell no one except my closest family and friends that I had it)
Pay cash for a reasonably nice house (and housekeeper) that met our needs but didn't seem too obviously flashy.
Take care of family and friends in ways that could be accepted by them and/or were appropriate to the situation.
Donate to ministries/charities I care about
Invest, invest, invest.
And have fun with it.

5 locations to which I would like to run:
St Kitts
the Upper Penninsula of Michigan (in summer)
Rocky Mountains
Washington (the state)
Anywhere no one else is.

5 bad habits I have:
I don't have any.

What? You don't believe me?
Well, maybe I swear just a bit too much sometimes. (this is a matter of opinion, of course)
I tend to be too critical of myself and others
I have a bad habit of periodically obsessing over things that aren't my business or that I have no control over.
I almost never make the bed
Forget to floss

5 things I like doing:
reading
hanging out with loved ones
playing settlers
cooking
camping

5 things I would never wear:
barbed wire
burlap
gaudy jewelry
jumpers
micro mini skirt

5 TV shows I like:
friends
seinfeld
csi
i want to be a hilton
funny video shows

5 biggest joys of the moment:
Air Conditioning
Happy Amazing Man
Happy Kitties
Terrific friends
Coffee (simple life)

5 favorite toys:
my computer
MP3 Player (I still have the dinosaur Creative Labs Jukebox!)
Kitchenaid Mixer
Mini electronic Yahtzee Game
Reciprocal Saw

5 next victims:
anybody brave enough!

7 Comments:

  • Oh my GOD!! I am addicted to mini-electronic Yahtzee!! In fact, I am incapable of pooping without it.

    By Blogger Mawci, at 7/18/2005 1:33 PM  

  • YOU, my dear STinky are to blame for my love of the little Yahtzee game! I don't use it as a laxative, but it could work for others!
    If anyone wants to borrow mine, you know - for experimentation - let me know!
    Stinky swears by it!

    By Blogger Captainwow, at 7/18/2005 5:33 PM  

  • Yahtzee may never be the same for me again - Ha!

    By Blogger spookyrach, at 7/19/2005 9:18 AM  

  • ginny gin.
    you are killing me. you won't wear barbed wire? little bunny foo foo? wow. i am impressed. can you teach me all the words? i don't know them.
    km.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 7/19/2005 9:27 AM  

  • That is so funny. Our power went out last night we were lost without our electronic gadgets. As I was searching my junk drawer I ran across Yahtzee. I played it until the power came back on. I forgot how much I love that game.
    Like the lists. Keeps me up to date with you.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 7/19/2005 12:18 PM  

  • I'd forgotten about that - here's to the little influences we have on others' lives. Glad I could contribute!

    By Blogger Mawci, at 7/19/2005 3:46 PM  

  • Ditto to the part about obsessing about things you have no control over!

    God Bless.

    By Blogger ukok, at 8/10/2005 3:40 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home