Captainwow

Thursday, June 16, 2005

Congratulating Myself

It's been a week. At least a week - that I've cleaned out the cat boxes EVERY DAY.
YUP. I made it a goal, and so far I'm doing OK.
Ok, I may have missed one day. Maybe. But I don't think so. I think I've managed to do it every day now since cleaning them out and starting fresh. Ask me again in a month - see how I'm doing. Maybe this time this little impromptu Mid Year Resolution will stick.

Once again, I pondered the mystery of why that is such a big deal. Whyfor art the catboxes so much of a pain in my arse? For years, I cleaned them every day. Every day Every day Every day... no kidding. I never minded, I loved my little boy and my little girl so cleaned up their poop daily I did do and did not mind. My Preciouses... And then one day or one week or one month - I don't know anymore - I just snapped. The kitty litter morphed into a Dreaded Chore and I began hating it.

And I tell you - when there's only one, it's not that big of a deal. They pee twice and poop once a day. That's it. No problemo. But then there are two, and the competition begins - or something. I swear they must feel the need to out do each other. The amount of waste does not double - it triples.

I think when you get that kyooot little pweshusskittykat so cute and cuddly wuddly you're not thinking about 20 years of cat box cleaning. I'm remembering my parents saying "No, we're not getting another dog when this one dies."
Now I understand.

I think about when Hobbes kicks off, not that I'm looking forward to that day, mind you. I'll be sad, he's been my little buddy for 13 years now and I've been falling to sleep with his purring all that time. He likes his Momma at night most. He has to be on me or on the bed with us when we go to bed. And he won't budge sometimes for anything. - And I do mean ANYTHING, if you get my drift... ahem. but I digress...

It's during this Dreaded Chore of cleaning the cat boxes that I can't help but think about how after he dies, then I'll only have one box to clean. WHEW. So much easier.

But then I think maybe Mocha will be lonely .... she would like a play mate, and besides, I don't know if I would be able to resist the kyoot little cuddly wuddly squinting with kyoot widdle paws and pink fat widdle belly....
awwwww......

So for today. Right now, in this moment. I'm happy to have clean cat boxes...

8 Comments:

  • WHY WAIT??!?! Get a NEW kitty kitty NOW!!

    By Blogger Headless-in-GR, at 6/16/2005 12:16 PM  

  • yo - I got threee - you don't even wanna *know* what happens around here if I don't clean once a day - and I don't mean spite-peeing or such whatnot - I mean sheer VOLUME. Little poop machines they are . . . Good thing theys cute :)

    By Blogger Katherine, at 6/16/2005 6:47 PM  

  • we're down to one ... and ya, that really makes a difference! BIG difference! especially because our "kitty" kinda used to miss the box alot (old age), just hit the general area of the box ...

    do you have clumping litter?

    do you visit Jeanette's blog? (nicehat.com), she has an electric thingie that cleans the boxes for you ... now that may be an idea!!! :o)

    By Blogger Saija, at 6/16/2005 8:44 PM  

  • Eeeyeeewwww! We had (cute) cats, once upon a time, I loved them (sort of), but I don't miss nagging the daughter to clean the litter box!

    Way to go on the regularity of your cleaning!! Now that you have bragged on yourself, I predict you will miss a day or two in the near future!

    By Blogger annie, at 6/16/2005 9:29 PM  

  • Saija - yes, it's clumping litter. And I'd be afraid the electric one would scare them away. They tend to freak out about stuff now and then. Hobbes has a little habit of going outside the box when he's unhappy about something and sometimes when he's unhealthy, so I guess that's his way of communicating. I'm glad we have our words!

    Annie, you're probably right. :o) That is the way it goes. Pride goeth before a stinking cat box.

    By Blogger Captainwow, at 6/17/2005 10:54 AM  

  • "...the need to out-DO each other." Bahahahaaaaa!!! Get it? Out-DO?!?!? Oh, that just hit my funny bone big time. Anyway, I love your kitsy katses and their poops.

    By Blogger Mawci, at 6/17/2005 11:52 AM  

  • Cat door. The only way to go.

    By Blogger spookyrach, at 6/17/2005 11:54 AM  

  • I already told you this, but you inspired me to visit the cat box, and Babbette is very glad I did.

    By Blogger Pat, at 6/20/2005 2:11 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home