Captainwow

Thursday, June 02, 2005

I Dream of Sushi

Well, it's official. My little Ivy is dead. It was old. Like, I think I've had the thing since 1992 or something. That means it's moved 7 times. Maybe it just didn't like being moved around so much, maybe that's why it never really thrived. Maybe it just never was able to make new friends after a while. Though I must admit I think that it was more my fault than the moving, somewhere along the line the romance died and eventually I realized I couldn't keep up the act anymore. I didn't push through my walls to nurture it or talk to it anymore. I felt badly at first but toward the end I just sort of went numb and ignored it. I've killed other plants along the way but this one sort of nags at me more than the others. I don't really know why. Today I'll take it out and throw it behind the shed, scattering its poor dried leaves to the wind. RIP, little Ivy.

Yesterday I did the Asian Store Route. So far I haven't found an Asian market here in GR that has everything I need in one place so I have to make the rounds. There's the one that is sort of Chinese/Vietnamese and then there is the Korean Market and then there is the WOAH! I'm Not Sure What It Is market but they have cool live fish and crabs and other aquatic treats in tanks that you can pick out if you really want your seafood fresh.
However, getting the Very Good Soy Sauce in a huge bottle for $1.39 and coconut milk for half the price of Meijers and being able to find chili pepper paste that is actually HOT - is a good thing.

Naturally, I dreamed about sushi last night. It's been a while since you got to hear one of my dreams, so just for fun, here's my Dream Journal entry from this morning:

Sushi - June 2, 2005

Dreamed that PD and SN and LJ and I were all going to have sushi at a new sushi place. PD wasn't sure what to wear so I told her it didn't matter what she wore because she looks great in everything.

As for me, I was very consciously trying to make sure I didn't go off to dinner in my brown fuzzy slippers again.

Ms. I. wanted to come too so we invited her but after we got there, she called us on my cell phone and said she was going to be late so she wanted us to try the sushi and tell her if she'd like it - then maybe she wouldn't bother coming at all. I told her I wouldn't know if she'd like it or not since I didn't know her taste. I was eating a piece of red salmon (raw) at the time and I remember holding it my hand, waving it around while I was talking on the phone, and feeling very annoyed with Ms. I. for presuming that we would just know what her taste buds were like. Seems like we were also waiting for CM.

The salmon wasn't all that great after all, I remember it had a mealy texture like it does at the sushi place on Breton that I don't like.

And there you have it folks - cruelty to plants, Asian market adventures, and Sushi dreams.
Hope you're havin a groovy day!

4 Comments:

  • The best sushi dinners should be had in brown fuzzy slippers...

    By Blogger Headless-in-GR, at 6/02/2005 9:28 AM  

  • I'm sorry to hear about your ivy. I have one that is about to kick the bucket myself. I don't know what comes over me, sometimes I just can't be bothered to water the thing, and then I expect it to come back to life and still look pretty when I finally give it water.

    Don't know about those sushi dreams!

    By Blogger annie, at 6/02/2005 8:29 PM  

  • Maybe we should have a memorial service for you ivy. Hmmm, I wonder what I should wear.....

    I can just see you waving salmon in the air with your annoyed look on your face and your cell phone on your ear!!! Harrrrrrr!!!!!!!

    By Blogger Pat, at 6/07/2005 5:45 AM  

  • wear anything. The Ivy can't see. And besides you look great in everything!

    My annoyed look? I have an annoyed look? ::blinks innocently::

    By Blogger Captainwow, at 6/07/2005 9:41 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home