Captainwow

Monday, May 23, 2005

Characters

There are some characters in my life I haven't talked to you about yet. They are real people, with real feelings and I do not mean to make fun of them. Well, mostly I mean not to make fun of them. But these people are dang funny and I must tell you about their funny-ness.

First, there is Angry Baker Man. He's really not that funny, he's just Angry. Always looking very unhappy. So we call him Angry Baker Man even though he doesn't work at the bakery anymore. He works (we think) at the nearby grocery store now, and he's still looking very angry. But before his career change, Kevmo once observed him open the bakery early because he felt guilty that someone was waiting for bread - then he waited on Kevmo too all the while grumbling about opening early as if it was the customer's fault that he opened the door. He's been Angry Baker Man ever since.

There is also a woman in my life who is in her 70's - a very nice lady. I don't know her name either, so I've made up a name for her too. I enjoy talking with her because she's very friendly. She's always asking me how my day is going and she notices if I'm not around for a while - asks me if I've been traveling or something. Then if I have, she likes to talk about my trip or if she's been traveling she likes to talk about her trip. There is just one teeny little weirdness about this acquaintance though. She's almost always naked. So I call her Naked Lady. The reason she's usually naked when I see her is because we work out at the same gym. She has no inhibitions about her body. I suppose by her age she's gotten over all that foolishness. She's just lettin' it hang out in the locker room and whoever is around she just chats with. I kind of admire that about her, but it's a little strange, when I'm standing in front of her fully clothed and she's completely naked.

So, now you know about Angry Baker Man and Naked Lady.

Soon I will tell you a story about Toothless Guy.

And The Farting Nun.

Stay tuned!

8 Comments:

  • That's so great...!!!!!

    By Blogger Headless-in-GR, at 5/23/2005 10:29 PM  

  • i name people too!

    there is a guy who helped us with some home improvement project that would. not. shut. up. so now he is deemed "wierd talky guy."

    mostly, though, we name people after what they eat for breafast or lunch at our restaurant - you know, the medium-combo-with-italian-sausage guy? or we refer to them as what we think their names are before we find out the truth - like *jacques & pierre*, our first known gay couple, who are now known by their real names (and knew that we called them j&p, by the way) and i now greet them with kisses because i adore them...or the pyschologist couple we call "the professor and maryann" even though they are both doctors, but he is noble-looking and looks like a professor...

    i'll shut up now.

    By Blogger ~pen~, at 5/24/2005 4:50 AM  

  • I'm dying to find out about the farting nun.


    Take Care
    Michael

    By Blogger Michael, at 5/24/2005 9:32 AM  

  • *laughing*

    we do the nick name thing for folks we know ... tho' if we don't know their names, well a person just has to put some charactorization into what they are called!

    AND the naked senior, chatting it up with you ... i wonder if she is Finn ... *more laughter* ... Finlanders don't have much inhibitions about being nude ... when i was visiting family there, all the women (and small children) would be in the sauna together, no bathing suits to be seen ... it's a different culture from the Canadian one i grew up in ... yet they are SO SHY when they meet new people ...

    anyway, having coffee #2, my day off! ya!

    blessing on your week!

    By Blogger Saija, at 5/24/2005 9:35 AM  

  • You are so funny!

    By Blogger brenda, at 5/24/2005 1:36 PM  

  • Yay! The stuff that legends are made of!
    Someday, when your kids are busy, you'll be telling your grandkids stories about farting nun and angry baker man, and your kids will overhear you and say, "Mom! Stop!" And your grandkids will giggle and whisper, "Tell us another one Grandma, quick!"

    By Blogger Pat, at 5/24/2005 6:55 PM  

  • Love the post! People watching is the best fun!

    As for the Finlanders, I would be shy about meeting new people too if I knew I would soon have to be naked with them in the sauna! ha ha!

    By Blogger spookyrach, at 6/01/2005 10:10 AM  

  • OMG! I cannot even pee if I know that someone is listening! I would have never gotten to know you if I had to talk to you almost naked!

    By Blogger Princess of Everything (and then some), at 6/01/2005 7:55 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home