Captainwow

Tuesday, May 17, 2005

Chicago/Wisconsin Trip

We're home again. In case you missed us. We spent a day in Chicago and stayed a night in Schaumburg and discovered Big Bowl. At first I thought it was a bowling place, but it's an Asian restaraunt. It had a little of a chain atmosphere, but the food we ordered was very good! It was like a nicer Mongolian Barbecue on steroids without all the noise and hype. I got another new recipe idea and they even had a choice of rice: Regular White Rice or Jasmine! Haven't encountered that before!

In La Crosse, we visited a brewery and a couple of cheese stores and saw lots of pretty Wisconsin scenery.
We also encountered a tricycle riding, smoking, boombox blarin' hippy dude on a wetland nature trail in La Crosse. Wish I'd had my camera for that one.... Kevmo offered to buy me a tricycle so I could boogie around GR smokin and blarin and chillin. But I said I might just be a little to embarassed to be seen riding a tricycle.

Captainwow went to the Museum of Science and Industry where he got to proudly pose as an astronaut, and enjoyed pretending he was part of the Chicago Skyline.





5 Comments:

  • Captainwow takes a mean picture.
    I love the spacesuit.


    Take Care

    By Blogger Michael, at 5/17/2005 10:12 PM  

  • That is a really cool picture!

    By Blogger Steve, at 5/17/2005 11:16 PM  

  • That's so great! It looks like you had so much fun! I want to be part of the Chicago Skyline and eat at the Big Bowl - yummy looking!

    (btw-my computer is sick today, but i'll keep trying to reach you.)

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 5/18/2005 1:06 PM  

  • Hokey Pete - I didn't know Captain Wow was an astronaut!
    It just goes to show ya, you should treat everyone with respect cuz they just might be important!

    By Blogger Pat, at 5/18/2005 8:39 PM  

  • Go Captain Wow, Go!

    Captain Wow - Space Ranger!

    By Blogger spookyrach, at 5/19/2005 12:14 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home