Captainwow

Thursday, April 28, 2005

Ever Since You Hung Up On Me I'm Hung Up On You

Those of you with Bloglines are gonna love the last accidental-almost-post. Weirdness. I thought:
"Hm I wonder what will happen if I press Enter."
" Oh.... "

It publishes. CRAP!!

Anyway......
It's been a good week - lots going on. Captainwow got to meet a couple of Faithful Blog Readers. Of course they are also good personal friends, so they were here visiting. Captainwow is hanging out on my desk these days in "my office" - which doubles as a guest room. He was just being his adorable self and got fawned over a bit so that made him happy. It's not often he gets to socialize. He's also apparently discovered my box of Tampax. ... gee, I wonder how he got into the bathroom. Could it be he had a little help from Amazing Man? Hmm??

Yesterday was Taking Care of Business Day. Also known as Doing Things I've Put Off Forever For No Good Reason Day. For instance, I finally ordered our wedding prints - nearly a YEAR after the WEDDING! gah! THAT feels terrific! Filled out some much procrastinated paperwork, sent off some checks, arranged for a piano tuning, etc.... less stuff to clutter up my mind and our space. I celebrated by smoking a Djarum, drinking a Coke, and playing 2 games of Settlers on line.

Which I lost. feh.

Today is Take the Lawn Mower in for a Tune Up Day and Piano Tuning Day.
(and later - Sushi Night!)
I'm thinking I might feel ridiculous walking the mower down to the repair shop but there's no point driving, it's so close. I could put a leash on it and carry a poop bag, maybe people will think it's a dog.
- or maybe they'll think *I* think it's a dog.... better yet. I could wear all my clothing inside out to add to the illusion of madness....

7 Comments:

  • Did you stop at the coffee shop for a cup of coffee with your pet lawn mower? Do they allow mowers inside or did you have to tie it up outside?

    By Blogger Kevmo, at 4/28/2005 12:10 PM  

  • You'll probably get some job offers. Good lawn help is hard to find, especially when you are a lady that travels with her own tools.

    ... you always crack me up.


    Take Care
    Michael

    By Blogger Michael, at 4/28/2005 12:28 PM  

  • If you walked the mower to a kennel, I wonder if they'd stop you and say, "Can't you read the sign? No mowers allowed!"

    By Blogger Pat, at 4/28/2005 5:57 PM  

  • I would pay good money for a pic of you taking the lawnmower out for a stroll and a poop . . . :) them bloggers is cwazy :)

    By Blogger Katherine, at 4/29/2005 9:47 AM  

  • I didn't think about getting paid for it!!
    And JP, there IS a dog park right up the street, I should give it a try. HA
    I can go pick the mower up in about a week.

    By Blogger Captainwow, at 4/29/2005 11:05 AM  

  • well after a "hard week" at the "salt mines in the park" it was great to come over here and chuckle at your antics! you silly girl, you!

    By Blogger Saija, at 4/29/2005 10:10 PM  

  • So, you should look into writing country western songs - or at least giving them titles...

    By Blogger Headless-in-GR, at 4/30/2005 10:02 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home