Captainwow

Wednesday, March 30, 2005

Your Jedi Mind Tricks Won't Work On Me

What with the Peeps Massacre and stuff like that my creative genius has been a little sapped for the week. However, a few interesting events did occur.

For example: I went to Aldis and an old lady ran her car into the side of the building. It went BOOM!! And the Earth! Shook! (under my feet) and everyone screamed and started shouting in Spanish. (Aldi's is in a more Hispanic neighborhood) It was a bit freaky. Then we realized what happened and all was well. (and the Sky did not come tumbling, tumbling down.) There was instant Temporary Community going on right about then. Everyone laughing from the relief and giddy from the adrenaline rush all talking and joking and gaping at the big crunch in the wall. The Wall Runner Inner was fine, so that was good too.

And before that, on the same day I freaked out the girl at Petsmart. See, the day before I tried going there and got the catfood, went to check out only to find I had driven out there with no wallet. So I tried writing a check but they couldn't take it without my drivers license. I put the check back in my purse. So when I went the second time a different girl was ringing up my (2 cases of) catfood. She told me my total, I whipped that check out and handed it to her, all made out and signed and everything. She looked at me like I was from Mars. Then I realized that it was a little strange to have a check all prepared ahead of time so I explained. She laughed and said she was hearing the Twilight Zone theme in her head...
oh yes and I forgot the part where the first time I went in the lady in front of me was asking about their grooming services and if she could bring her dog in just to get his toenails clipped. So when I got up there I asked if I could have my toenails clipped by the groomer and she looked at me in horror and said "No I don't think so." I assured her I was only kidding and the look of relief on her face was precious. Oh, I'm so evil sometimes.... sigh.

AND THEN...... ::drumroll:: we saw the first robin of the spring! ::applause::

AND THEN....... I was able to initiate a new convert into our fold, with the help of another recent convert. She was a little reluctant at first but we love bombed her and made her feel most welcome and eventually she caved and joined the club. At first she thought it was boring but after getting the hang of our rituals she really started enjoying herself and began plotting along with us to conquer the Island Of CATAN!!!! Yes, I've taught another young mind the joys of playing Settlers of Catan.
Our numbers are increasing... Muuwwaaaahahahahaaaaaa!!!!

And I finished Ruthless Trust by Brennan Manning. If you haven't read it yet then you should feel very very guilty and go buy it now so you can get started.
(just kidding - but read it if you want to, it's good!)

Last and maybe even least, since I know you've been wondering when I was going to record my next dream on here -- I dreamed last night of robbing a Radio Shack with 2 of my friends using painted explosives like in The Italian Job and later trying to take a picture of Kevmo in Billy Bob teeth, Dancing beautifully a dance in 6/4 time with a girl from High School, and eating really good food.

Who says there's no rest for the wicked!?

P.S. Spellcheck wants to replace groomer with groaner and Catan with Satan! ha! That Spellcheck - you gotta watch it every minute!

6 Comments:

  • I'm the one playing Jedi Mind Tricks on you - see how I ended up in your dream? "You want to give me expensive Sony sound systems for my birthday...er...Memorial Day..."

    By Blogger Headless-in-GR, at 3/31/2005 12:25 PM  

  • You did say you were feeling peppy today.

    After reading all that I think I need a nap.

    Take Care
    Michael

    By Blogger Michael, at 3/31/2005 1:32 PM  

  • Busy, busy lady!

    Ah, Ruthless Trust. I'm 3/4 of the way finished with this book right now. It is a great read. Mercy, anyone?

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 4/01/2005 6:11 PM  

  • CORRECTION:

    I'm not reading Ruthless Trust, but I am 3/4 of the way finished with Ragamuffin Gospel.

    Now - mercy, anyone?

    :)

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 4/01/2005 6:14 PM  

  • Holy friggin moly! What a day, kiddo. I think I like the Aldi's story the best!
    I will heretofore refer to it as the Carol King Affair.

    By Blogger Pat, at 4/02/2005 1:42 PM  

  • the scariest part i just read was about having your toenails clipped by the groomer and identifying with making a statement like that to a check-out girl...

    you are a hoot.

    By Blogger ~pen~, at 4/05/2005 1:12 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home