Captainwow

Tuesday, May 24, 2005

Oh, For Peet's SAKE!

Today's brew: Peet's Coffee! Whole Bean French Roast, fresh ground, electric drip - brewed strong.

Ya, Baby! That's what I'm talkin' about!



We finally got a chance to buy a package of Peet's coffee when we were in Chicago. I read in a magazine that it was as good as if not better than Starbucks. Of course coffee is about personal taste, but I'd say they were right. Very yummy. Lots of people don't like Starbucks because it tastes "burnt" to them. And it's true that Starbucks roasts their coffees very dark - but if you are one of those folks, and willing to pay for your fine coffee habit, Peet's might be right up your alley.

Peet's website is also a great place to learn more about coffee and their Peet's Coffee Selector is the most complex I've seen, giving you a better chance of finding a coffee you really like. It's not really enough to choose between Mild, Bold and Smooth - there's a ton of variance in between and lots of other factors to consider when finding a fine bean to brew!

There's also a glossary of tasting terms in there. Helping us describe what we're tasting. WEEE!!!

--just thought I'd share. Carry on...

3 Comments:

  • Time for me to come over for some coffee--BB

    By Blogger brenda, at 5/24/2005 1:37 PM  

  • I wonder how it stands up to Louisiana's own, Community coffee (www.communitycoffee.com)!

    They say that stuff will put hair on your chest. I would not know, I never learned to drink coffee. But I love the smell of it brewing in the morning.

    By Blogger annie, at 5/24/2005 9:01 PM  

  • How does it compare to Ethiopian, Wow?

    By Blogger Pat, at 5/28/2005 5:28 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home