Captainwow

Tuesday, June 14, 2005

Theology And Bodily Functions

Got this one from Bobbie at emerging sideways:

You scored as John Calvin. Much of what is now called Calvinism had more to do with his followers than Calvin himself, and so you may or may not be committed to TULIP, though God's sovereignty is all important.

John Calvin

80%

Jürgen Moltmann

53%

Martin Luther

47%

Paul Tillich

47%

Karl Barth

33%

Anselm

27%

Augustine

27%

Charles Finney

20%

Friedrich Schleiermacher

20%

Jonathan Edwards

7%

Which theologian are you?
created with QuizFarm.com


Sorta fun.

Highlight of my day: This morning, someone called my cell phone from a restricted number and reached my voice mail. The only message they left was a burp. I think that's what it was - a burp. It sounded like a burp. I'm going with the Burp, cause that is totally awsome! I just wish I knew who did it...Cause I'd really like to know who to thank.

If it was you, then thanks - and call me back, cause I don't know who you are, and I can't return your call!

9 Comments:

  • You scored as Anselm.

    Anselm is the outstanding theologian of the medieval period.He sees man's primary problem as having failed to render unto God what we owe him, so God becomes man in Christ and gives God what he is due. You should read 'Cur Deus Homo?'

    Anselm 80%
    Karl Barth 73%
    Martin Luther 67%
    John Calvin 67%
    Friedrich Schleiermacher 60%
    Jonathan Edwards 47%
    Charles Finney 47%
    Paul Tillich 33%
    Augustine 33%
    Jürgen Moltmann 27%

    By Blogger Pat, at 6/14/2005 5:35 PM  

  • cool, JP. :o)

    As for mine, I don't even remember what TULIP IS - but I will now look it up.

    By Blogger Captainwow, at 6/14/2005 7:00 PM  

  • Yeah, I had to look up Anselm (blush). But I thought it was cool that he was an "outstanding" theologian. You know, as opposed to a pompous windbag, I guess. ;)

    By Blogger Pat, at 6/14/2005 7:15 PM  

  • Mighta been my oldest daughter who called your cell phone. It sounds like something she would do...She is so tacky sometimes. I know I taught her better than that...

    By Blogger annie, at 6/14/2005 9:18 PM  

  • I don't know how we manage to be friends...I tied between Tillich and Schleiermacher, Calvin was fourth and Anselm was WAY down on my list!

    By Blogger Headless-in-GR, at 6/15/2005 10:12 AM  

  • hhhmmm.....does Rach have your number?

    By Blogger Princess of Everything (and then some), at 6/15/2005 11:13 AM  

  • i was karl barth and anselm, with a dash of augustine.

    i think my results came from my confusion on the lake of fire question.

    hmmm.

    :)

    By Blogger ~pen~, at 6/15/2005 11:38 AM  

  • I scored out Moltman or someone I've never heard of before. Took another one of these a while back and scored Karl Barth. This time Barth was way down on the list. I think my "Idunno" guessing is skewing the results.

    I, for one, am deeply offended that Mindy things I would burp on your cell phone. Sneeze, yes. Burp, no. I do have my standards.

    By Blogger spookyrach, at 6/15/2005 2:59 PM  

  • You scored as Friedrich Schleiermacher. You seek to make inner feeling and awareness of God the centre of your theology, which is the foundation of liberalism. Unfortunately, atheists are quick to accuse you of simply projecting humanity onto 'God' and liberalism never really recovers.

    Friedrich Schleiermacher 87%
    Augustine 73%
    Anselm 67%
    Martin Luther 67%
    Jürgen Moltmann 53%
    Karl Barth 53%
    John Calvin 47%
    Jonathan Edwards 40%
    Paul Tillich 33%

    By Blogger Steve, at 6/17/2005 9:46 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home