Captainwow

Tuesday, August 30, 2005

Letter to the Editor

Dear Sayers of Doom (who probably mean well):

Where do you get so much joy in telling me what a living HELL my life is going to be now that I'm going to have a child?

You don't know me very well but I should tell you that for various reasons, I don't need you to tell me how bad it might get. I haven't been running around with quiet lullabies and vanilla scented baby poop fantasies in my head. I've heard you loud and clear all these years, and well, I've observed YOUR kids too, the little brats preciouses.

I realize I have a lot to learn. And I will. There are days I'm scared shitless, so I really don't need any help from you over there with the negativity. And you over there with the horror stories and you in the polka dots with your dire predictions for me.

If you've had it hard, and you need to be heard, that's one thing. Maybe I'm not your best sounding board right now. If you really mean to help, then please find some other way to "encourage" me.

Sincerely,
Captainwow

7 Comments:

  • You go CaptainWow!! Geeze, if wolves and apes can raise human babies, how hard can it be, right?

    I got yer back!

    By Blogger spookyrach, at 8/30/2005 5:43 PM  

  • Okay, how did I miss the pregnancy news? Was I sleeping? Congratulations!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 8/30/2005 7:17 PM  

  • Oh girl, I think you will do just fine!

    By Blogger annie, at 8/30/2005 10:59 PM  

  • "Living hell"? Oooo, I did notice it was a little warm in here. Maybe that's because I've got 3 of them! Ha!
    Congratulations by the way. It's a big change, and it certainly can be hard, but it's great.:)

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 8/30/2005 11:46 PM  

  • you mean babies don't make poopies that smell like vanilla?

    ??

    mine did :)

    By Blogger ~pen~, at 8/31/2005 6:09 AM  

  • You will do just fine. And I will happily kick anyone that needs kicking for you.

    Did I tell you that I gave birth to a 10 lb baby? ~laffin~ See we all have our stories....just there is always a positive but some people just cannot live in the good place.

    By Blogger Princess of Everything (and then some), at 8/31/2005 12:54 PM  

  • Ooo! Choose me! Choose me! I want to kick 'em! Let me! Let me!

    By Blogger Headless-in-GR, at 9/01/2005 5:44 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home