Captainwow

Wednesday, August 31, 2005

Takin Care of Bidness

Biggest Accomplishment today:
Taking back the bottles. All the empties. As you know, here in Michigan we STILL have the silly 10 cent deposit on bottles and cans. Which MIGHT cut down on litter, though I'm not sure about that, but it DOES cost the state tons and tons of money and it makes me go to the yukky bottle return room which I hate. I'd rather just recycle.

But I survived as usual, then sanitized my hands and proceeded to spend that money and more on groceries and pregnant cravings like tomato juice and red peppers and corn on the cob.

A good friend of mine called last night. We had a good catch up chat and reminisced over an event I think you'll find funny too:

Once, we were standing around after church talking when a woman approached my friend and I and said "HEY! I got LAID this week!"
We both blinked and grinned and looked at her feeling like "Um.... not really sure how to respond...we're happy for you?"
She quickly clarified and said "OFF! I got LAID OFF!"
She didn't appear to have a sense of humor about the getting laid mistake, so we were a little desperate trying not to laugh while she was so sad about getting laid OFF.

Have you ever noticed that it's not easy to act compassionate when one is about to pee one's pants laughing....

4 Comments:

  • Oh I laughed!!!

    By Blogger Hope, at 8/31/2005 7:29 PM  

  • good one! chuckling!

    By Blogger Saija, at 8/31/2005 11:58 PM  

  • my sister was reading your blog and asked me to pass this on to you re wallpapering (22 August post) ...

    "... use fabric softener to remove wallpaper. Just put it full stength straight on the paper to remove. We used to tell people that when I worked at .... . It takes all the residue off."

    she is thinking of starting a blog ... maybe then she wouldn't be so shy - and would leave a note herself ... :o) ...

    gotta dash - salt mines are calling! (hugs)

    By Blogger Saija, at 9/02/2005 8:06 AM  

  • That was funny. Wasn't there a farting nun nearby?

    Take Care
    Michael

    By Blogger Michael, at 9/02/2005 9:20 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home