Captainwow

Friday, February 16, 2007

There May Be Bugs On The Resta You Mugs

Sam got an early B day Present - Gerry Garcia and David Grishman's Not For Kids Only. Complete with a generous smattering of Mouth Harp and lotsa Banjo.
So FUN!

I was thinking about this the other day, how Sam isn't even one, and he's heard Grateful Dead, Barenaked Ladies, Pink Martini, Beethoven's 1-9 except for 4. Mozart, Faure, Bob Dylan, Johnny Cash, Fountains of Wayne, Italian, French and Reggae. He's heard a little Praise and Gospel style and some Jazz Remix and Tammy Wynette and KLF (together! - remember that? Stand by the Jams). The list goes on, and he won't remember most of it. I wonder which of those, if any, he'll end up liking and what his friends will listen to. He'll be introducing us to new music!

He loves to play on the Piano, and beat on the Conga when we let him. He's heard a Tibeten Singing Bowl and some Ocarinas and a Flute and a Bamboo Indian Flute. - all live.

What seems to transfix him the most is if I sing the Banana Boat Song.

DAY! Me say DAY! me say DAY! me say Day Me say Da-a-a-O! Whatever he's doing, he just stops still, and listens.

Works wonders for those messy messy diaper changes that last too long for his highness. Oh ya, the power of music.

5 Comments:

  • When I would try to sing for my son, he would reach up to my mouth and try to close it! He still doesn't like to hear me sing. Heh.

    By Blogger Patti, at 2/17/2007 3:58 PM  

  • Ginny, I have such fond memories of the music my parents adored. They played classical and light classics, Sinatra and bluegrass, jazz and Spike Jones.The variety made it easier for me to listen to different kinds of music as I grew up. And, yes, my sons taught me new music (OK, I really hated the "punk rock" years Greg went through, but he moved on.) So I think you are doing the right thing by exposing Sam to all kinds of music.

    By Blogger little david, at 2/18/2007 10:57 PM  

  • Ohmigosh! Oh. My. Gosh.

    I thought I was the only person in the free world who has heard Tammy Wynette and KLF. Yes, I own the cd. Wow. (Granted I don't like it all that much, but c'mon, it was Tammy Wynette. And KLF. Together!)

    Sam rocks!

    By Blogger spookyrach, at 2/20/2007 2:27 PM  

  • This has nothing to do with your post but.... 1) I LOVE the photo you have for your yahoo login! 2) I was going through my plethora of photos collected throughout the years, and there was an amazing number of YOU! Some really good ones too!! I'll have to share them next time I see you. You are such an awesome person in general and friend in my life- so many smiles and laughs! Thanks.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 2/20/2007 5:35 PM  

  • That is too funny...anything to make that diaper changing time to go smoother. You have congas in the house? My b-i-l makes congas...and other drums. I love congas. Lucky Sam.

    By Blogger Lori, at 2/20/2007 10:41 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home