Captainwow

Wednesday, January 17, 2007

Vivaldi on Crack With Bed Head

The other day driving home from Mason, I heard something that could only be described as Vivaldi's Four Seasons On Crack. Totally weird.
I tried being open minded about it and I listened to the whole thing. It never grew on me.

In other news, Mocha is still addicted to the TV. Her habit is starting to affect us all. She now gets up on the entertainment center almost any time the TV is on and hogs the screen. Sometimes if we turn it off she meows and whines to have it turned back on, and if we turn on the stereo she also stares at the screen to see if anything starts up. She's pretty entertaining.

This morning, in all my bed headed glory, I decided at the last minute to bundle Sam up and run to Target for diapers. I figured oh well, no one will see me. I'll just wear a hat. And then, I totally forgot about the hat and the bed head. We went to Target. Zoom! Zoom! - did the shopping and got back in the car, then I thought it would be great fun to walk with Sam in the Mall. He likes it and they have a great kids play area. So there I was among all these yuppy moms all skinny and cute and with their matching socks and styled hair and suddenly I remembered my bed head.

OOPS!!! Ok, so I know I said in an earlier post that I don't normally worry about what I look like. But I didn't mean that I like to purposely go around with my hair boingy and sticky uppy all over. This is embarassing. However, I remembered my wise friend once saying "Hey, my kid has a dry diaper, is fed and is reasonably clean. I'm still a rock star, even if I look like a homeless person!"

I think I should get that on a T Shirt.

4 Comments:

  • You are a rock star and have your own little entourage!

    By Blogger Princess of Everything (and then some), at 1/17/2007 8:59 PM  

  • My luck is that I slways run into someone I know when I leave the house all straggly looking! However, the older I get, the less that matters to me. I AM straggly looking in my natural state, I just can't help it.

    By Blogger annie, at 1/18/2007 7:05 AM  

  • Hee hee hee! Its ok. Perhaps you were part of some sort of multi-cultural/multi-class experience for the Yuppie moms.

    Yeah, that's it! You are a sociologically educational experience. You rock.

    By Blogger spookyrach, at 1/18/2007 9:57 AM  

  • Never fails. I did something so close to this just last weekend. Current mantra-I will not go in public in jammies......

    By Blogger Patti, at 1/20/2007 8:31 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home