Captainwow

Wednesday, February 14, 2007

Boy Sleeps!


Wow. Today marks a week that Sam has slept through the night!!!


That is to say that he has not been waking up to eat or have long crying spells. It gets a little dicey after 4:30 AM - he starts getting restless, but other than that and helping find the pacifier occasionally - we're calling this a New Era in Samsondom!!


Now instead of fighting sleep, he fights waking up!! ha. Can I tell you how great this is? Sleep. Sleeeeeeep!! Sleeeeeeeep!!! ::sigh::


In other news, I put something in the microwave today to heat for 30 seconds and accidentally set it for 30 MINUTES. OOPS. A few minutes later I heard the microwave still going and thought HM. This can't be good. Oh my, what a mess I found!


Last night someone asked me if I had any baby clothes to spare for a new baby boy that was born in a circumstance where they were in need of a lot. Feeling suddenly stingy and sentimental about Sam's clothes, I said no actually I'm saving them, just in case... I got to thinking later. Um, DUH!! Didn't I almost always feel overwhelmed because we had so much for Sam!? Don't I have some stuff hanging in the closet with TAGS STILL ON?? Weren't people SUPER GENEROUS with us, and isn't that why we have so much!? So I went through some of his old clothes and some of the new ones that hadn't been worn. Between the clothing and some newborn diapers I found as well as many other things I'll won't need as much as this girl, I came up with two diaper boxes full of stuff.


Now, I'm not saying this to brag, I'm just saying how suprised I was at how sentimental I've gotten over Sam's old stuff! Which got me all stingy and grabby. I never would have seen that coming.

4 Comments:

  • Way to go Sam!!

    And no you are not stingy, you are just being a Mom. And you did the right thing!

    By Blogger Princess of Everything (and then some), at 2/14/2007 2:03 PM  

  • Yeah for Sam! Jeepers, how will you ever function with a full nights sleep?
    I can understand your feeling sentimental about his baby things. But what a loving and giving thing it is to give something away that we are that attached to. 'Tis a blessing for sure!

    By Blogger Lori, at 2/14/2007 6:33 PM  

  • You did a wonderful thing. As for being sentimental with his things, it's understandable.

    However I was 28 when I had my first child and my mother pulled this raggedy old dress out of the cedar chest, the one I'd worn home from the hospital, hoping her precious first granddaughter could also wear it home...no such luck...that thing was gross!! The memory of that ugly dress probably helped me let go of more of my children's baby things than I should have!

    By Blogger annie, at 2/14/2007 7:10 PM  

  • you're so cool!

    Way to go, Sam!

    By Blogger spookyrach, at 2/15/2007 3:56 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home