Captainwow

Friday, November 11, 2005

Mawwiage!

I've had a cold for a while now and every day I think I'm getting better until I go to sleep at night then I wake up in the morning and feel worse until about 10 AM then I finally feel OK again. It's like taking 3 steps forward and 2 steps back.

Why don't I just stay up all night and then maybe it will be 4 steps forward 2 steps back.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

So, the Kevmo - aka Amazing Man - has been writing up a storm in his blog lately - his link is on my links over there to the right. I am too lazy to link this right now and can't remember his site by heart. He makes me sound really great on there too. Which is fun. And of course, since it's not all about me, he also has some really thought provoking things to say. He's a good thinker and a good writer, that Kevmo. Go see!!

I get to be married to this guy. Can you believe that!? How cool is that? I still have those moments where I am doing something around the house or ruminating about how great it is that I don't have to take out the trash, and I go "Man! I can't believe this is my life! I can't believe I'm married. HOLY COW!!" Pile on top of that the fact that I still can hardly believe we're actually going to become parents - and it's just about too much.

There was no doubt in my mind he was a super good guy or I would never have married him. You have to know me to know how very true this is. I was always fond of saying "I'd rather be single my whole life than marry some shmuck just so I don't have to be alone." And I meant it. Parenthetically - if I am to be perfectly honest - there is a whole stack of other reasons I did not get married until I was 35, but we won't get into that today. Some of it might have been God sparing someone else from marrying a shmuck, but it suits my ego better if I just say how smart I was to wait for this one!

Sometimes I think I got more than I even asked for. A friend wrote a post a while back pondering about if we get what we signed up for in life, in marriage, in becoming moms and dads, in our jobs - in anything. And I'll have to say that when it comes to getting married, even though I knew it was the thing to do to marry this guy, and I was pretty sure he'd be a terrific husband, I had no idea how much he would blow me away with his being a Top Shelf Husband.

7 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home