Captainwow

Sunday, February 20, 2005

Letter To The Editor

Dear Blog,

Sitting here, drinking coffee in one of my very favorite mugs. The kitties are sleeping on the bed behind me. (Mocha is snoring - so cute)
Amazing man made waffles and coffee this morning then took off for a while.
So, it's snowing out and I'm sitting here with some time to write, but not a lot of words to post.

So, just to keep things moving along, I'll start by telling you a funny dream I had last night and see where it goes from there:

I suddenly found myself with some girls who smoked. I got really excited and hopefully looked in my purse - sure enough - I had some regular cigarettes in there and some Djarums. I was so pleasantly surprised to find them there and hoped they were fresh and not stale. I chose a Djarum (of course) - there was also a lighter in there but for some reason instead of using the lighter I had a can of hair spray in my pocket that I tried lighting the cigarette with instead. It sprayed all over my face and then I realized how much of a Very Bad Idea that was. So I used the lighter, which worked beautifully. Later I was trying to light a cigarette using this other contraption that kept smoking all over and never lighting anything. It was very complicated involving a cast iron grate and having to inhale really hard to draw air through the cigarette but it never worked so finally I gave up and just stood around, smoking with the other girls. I was very happy and content.

I haven't smoked in a while so it's easy to see why I might dream this but the hair spray thing cracked me right up! ha!

It belongs in the category of Very Bad Idea dreams. I recently also dreamed that I decided Interior Paint Primer might make a Good Facial Mask. So I painted my face with it. Unfortunately, while I was waiting for it to dry, it began to sting my eyes terribly so I realized that it was a Very Bad Idea and hurried to wash it off.

Other Very Bad Ideas I've had in real life:

I recently ran out of butter and tried making no bake cookies with Parkay Spread. Very Bad Idea. They never solidified. Sticky Mess.

I recently got into the car and headed out to a baby shower. Which was fine, except I had NO. IDEA. Where I was going. None. I got out to Fuller and thought "GAARRRR!! I HATE turning LEFT on this street! Maybe I could turn Right... Wait.... Where am I going?"

ah. I can't think of anything else right now, but I bet if you admitted it, you've had a few of your very own Very Bad Ideas.

Have a Groovy Day,
Captainwow

P.S. Coke redeemed themselves finally by putting out REGULAR COKE with LIME!!! It's about time. What were they thinking, anyway? DIET COKE with Lime?!... feh!
Here is my shameless I Told You So.

8 Comments:

  • Ha! I saw that coke - regular with lime - last night and totally remembered your post!! Haha!!

    By Blogger Headless-in-GR, at 2/20/2005 1:31 PM  

  • Snow, snow? I am jealous...but only for a moment. Last time I saw snow was in 1988.

    No bake cookies? Are those the ones with the oatmeal and the sugar and the cocoa and the butter and the vanilla and the milk and the peanut butter that you boil on top of the stove? We call them boiled cookies. My grandmother got the recipe from the school lunchroom in the fifties. They are my all-favorite comfort food. And so what if they were a sticky mess. Anyone who could eat a baked potato with no silverware can surely handle a sticky mess with silverware! (You didn't waste them, did you?)

    And ahem, I happen to like Diet Coke, with or without lime. But, hey, I am glad that you can have the lime now too!

    Funny stuff, Captainwow.

    By Blogger annie, at 2/20/2005 3:40 PM  

  • Snow, snow? I am jealous...but only for a moment. Last time I saw snow was in 1988.

    No bake cookies? Are those the ones with the oatmeal and the sugar and the cocoa and the butter and the vanilla and the milk and the peanut butter that you boil on top of the stove? We call them boiled cookies. My grandmother got the recipe from the school lunchroom in the fifties. They are my all-favorite comfort food. And so what if they were a sticky mess. Anyone who could eat a baked potato with no silverware can surely handle a sticky mess with silverware! (You didn't waste them, did you?)

    And ahem, I happen to like Diet Coke, with or without lime. But, hey, I am glad that you can have the lime now too!

    Funny stuff, Captainwow.

    By Blogger annie, at 2/20/2005 3:41 PM  

  • Well, goofy me, I went to blogger to comment and I got it posted twice.

    Sorry about that!

    annie oddflower

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 2/20/2005 3:45 PM  

  • Very bad idea...yep. Determine to gut your foyer start to finish over Thanksgiving weekend by yourself.
    I have so many, so many, but it's not my blog, man.
    :0)

    By Blogger Pat, at 2/20/2005 4:03 PM  

  • uh...

    at the risk of losing my way cool facade (like i had one in the first place), what's a djarum?

    is it a cds?

    is it one of those wickey cool clove cigs?

    one made of darjeeling tea?

    please advise.

    By Blogger ~pen~, at 2/20/2005 5:54 PM  

  • aw, you're always cool. :o)
    Yup you are right Djarums are made in Indonesia, they're clove cigs. tobacco, infused with clove oil. (some people think that clove smokes are safer - they're not) The clove oil makes for a really smooth smoke, and a nice taste. They're also made with a higher quality tobacco and a bit less chemical additive than U.S. Cigarettes. Therefore a smooth, GREAT tasting smoke.
    the preciousssesss...
    We loves them. We hates them. We tries not to smoke them too very often or we gets hooked again. Nasty smokessessssss

    By Blogger Captainwow, at 2/20/2005 6:12 PM  

  • How about deciding to drive back from Vermont in the middle of a Noreaster snow storm. I was drving a pontiac GrandAm. Since it was Christmas there weren't many plows on the road. A two hour trip took me seven. Talking about praying for my life a number of different times... Man that was a stupid idea.

    Take Care
    Michael

    By Blogger Michael, at 2/21/2005 8:54 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home