Captainwow

Wednesday, February 09, 2005

What's In YOUR Junk Treasure drawer?

Ever notice that a lot of the stuff in the "junk drawer" is actually quite meaningful and valuable? For sentimental reasons, mostly.

The dresser set in our bedroom I've had since I was 3 or 4. It still looks great. It's amazing really. Once the neighbor kid and I thought we'd help my mom out by cleaning it. We wanted to suprise her so we did it -- using only our spit. ::gag::
Halfway through, Mom caught us and was none too happy with us. When I was little mom used the top drawer for all my hair ribbons and stuff. I remember not being able to see in it because I was too tiny. Now, that top drawer has become a catch-all because it's too short to put clothing in.
I've always thought of it as a "junk drawer" - but today when I opened it up for something it occurred to me that while some of this stuff is just random, some of it is treasure.

Silver Flute Christmas Ornament
The box my engagement/wedding rings came in
A Champaign cork - from what event, I'm not sure anymore.
1 chunk of granite that came loose from my dad's gravestone and I kept it
Glasses Case I never use
Pearl Necklace in a blue velvet bag
Beautiful Polymer Clay christmas ornament made by a friend
A film cannister containing a penny for every year of my life up to 1994 - given to me as a gift (in 1994)
A black velvet bag with a gold and garnet cross necklace in it
Glasses cleaner cloth
iron on jeans repair patch
Keiko Matsui Cassette Tape
Packet of Gano Coffee
2 pencils
An extra link to an old watch I don't have anymore.
a patch for the air mattress
Stone bracelet
2 Nail clippers
1 Ballpiont Pen
Extra buttons for a shirt I probably don't even own anymore
The pearl/crystal hairpiece I wore in my wedding
Pair of contacts
Butane Lighter fluid
Camera film unused
Picture of my brother
Camera film - used, not developed (from what?)
Barrett
Tylenol PM
2 Ortho Evra Patches
Receipt from Eddie Bauer for shorts I bought in March 2003
manual for my Korg Tuner
manual for my trusty old Olympus Camera
A bandaid
A tiny box of bible promises
cup cozy I never finished sewing
some halloween confetti shaped like spiders (all over the bottom of the drawer)
VERY OLD Chapstick
1 Bobby Pin
AAA battery

... what's in YOUR drawer?

4 Comments:

  • Did the spider shaped confetti come from my mom?

    By Blogger Mawci, at 2/09/2005 4:54 PM  

  • Yes indeedy - the spider confetti came in a halloween card from your mom years n years ago - I think when I was at GVSU! WILD!!

    By Blogger Captainwow, at 2/09/2005 6:42 PM  

  • Can I borrow the Tylenol?

    It is cool to see what we save. Looking in somebody elses drawers is even more fun.

    Take Care
    Michael

    By Blogger Michael, at 2/10/2005 10:20 AM  

  • our junk drawer is full of assorted junk. Gameboy games, screw drivers, extra cords to things, a couple of 'extra' smoke detectors, pens, keys, pencils, erasers, mini mag flashlight, my nail tin (for nails and screws), birthday candles and just junk. nothing really sentimental there, just the stuff we can't find 'a place' for anywhere else.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 2/10/2005 10:57 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home