Captainwow

Sunday, December 03, 2006

6 wierd things

Tagged by Janay!

1. I smell everything. Maybe you got this on another meme. It's embarassing sometimes. I just have to smell things. It's a thing.

2. I like salt on Grapefruit. Which is not all that weird, by the way, I know others who eat it this way but apparently it weirds some people out. So I guess that's weird. And hey! It's almost Grapefruit season again! WEEEEEE!!!!

3. I don't mind the smell of Skunk. Maybe if it sprayed me in the face or on my body I wouldn't like it but if it just wafts in from outside, I don't mind it.

4. If I clap my hands or tap something more than just a few times, it's always 13 times. I don't do it on purpose, it just feels right. I noticed a few years back that I stopped clapping once and it sounded/felt wrong so I had to add one. After that I started paying attention and I found that 13 feels right. 13 stomps of the feet, 13 snaps of the fingers to get the cats to come for food. 13 Pats on the butt for Sam, 13 tinks on the glass with my fingernails. I don't get it either....

5. I actually enjoy the kid shows on PBS in the morning.

6. I grew up from age 6 until late teens with no TV in our house, so I know very little of the TV shows during that time. I never watched Dallas or Love Boat or All In The Family or Leave it to Beaver or any of those. I really do not feel deprived at all, In fact I feel it is kind of a big plus. Occasionally in High School I would feel left out when people would talk about shows and I would have no frame of reference, but it never bothered me all that much.

5 Comments:

  • Now that you mention it, I do recall you doing the tap thing 13 times. You are a bit weird. -CJ

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 12/03/2006 9:28 PM  

  • I don't mind the smell of skunk either, must be because we grew up in the country and smelled it as kids. I also like kids shows on PBS--Hey, afterall they're educational. I remember you not having a TV. When we got older I thought it was sort of cool. You read WAY more than I did and you were always top chair in band--probably from practicing more and not wathcing TV like myself. In college I thought of you and got rid of my TV for a year. It was hard at first, but other areas opened up that I wouldn't have expected. Thanks for the influence.
    J in Ypsi

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 12/04/2006 8:11 AM  

  • You are not weird! You are unique!

    By Blogger Princess of Everything (and then some), at 12/04/2006 2:14 PM  

  • 13 is a lot. After, like, 4 or 5 it just becomes a chore for me.

    I get stuck on PBS kid shows too. I've always wondered if it was some kind of mind-control thing. Like Mr. Rogers was a memeber of the illuminati or something like that.

    By Blogger spookyrach, at 12/04/2006 3:19 PM  

  • I knew about the skunk, the grapefruit, the smell thing and no tv. Ha! All from living together for a year!
    As for the clapping, I totally get it and I'll tell you why. Four measures of 4/4 time is even, the first beat is the up beat. Stopping at 13 places you in the fourth measure up beat with three rests to round off. I probably stop clapping at 13 and don't even realize it. :)

    By Blogger Pat, at 12/06/2006 12:14 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home