Captainwow

Monday, November 27, 2006

Drunken Snowmen And Other Brilliant Ideas

Speaking of huge snowballs, did I ever tell you about the time I thought it would be a great idea to "shovel" my driveway using a snowball instead of a shovel? Oh yes, I am indeed that much of a genius!

I started at the concrete pad in front of the driveway and started pushing the thing and when I got halfway down the driveway, it got too big for me to push anymore! GARRR! Maybe you thought ahead and knew immediately that this would be the result, but I am not always prone to think around corners, and so I just plunged in merrily rolling my snowball and got stuck. The thing was, I couldn't even roll it off the driveway at that point because it was stuck between two houses and the only space between the two houses was driveway. I could only roll it forward, except of course, I was not strong enough to do such a thing.

So I waited, stranded at home, since I couldn't drive my car out of the driveway, feeling like a complete lunatic, until a friend came along (maybe I called her) and I begged for enlisted her help and we rolled it out far enough that it could be rolled into the yard.

Of course, this is me we're talking about, so the story doesn't end there. No no, I had another brilliant and clever idea! I thought it would be really cool to have a HUGE snowman out in my front yard. The bottom was already done! So I started or maybe it was We at that point, I don't remember if my friend was part of this or not. She might leave us that info in the comments. Anyway, I or we started to roll another snowball for the middle. And it was lovely, except that it was too big to lift up onto the gigantic base, so there was no choice but to make the snow man a laying down snowman. Passed Out Snowman, I think we called it.

Passed Out Snowman was so huge, that he remained passed out in the yard well after all the rest of the snow had melted away as a continued reminder of my superior intelligence!

8 Comments:

  • that is freaking awesome.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 11/27/2006 5:52 PM  

  • You've been quite entertaining lately and I don't think I have left any comments. Instead I have quietly moved on, giggling to myself!

    (And oh yeah, I was just reminded when I tried to post my comment, it is a problem posting on the blogs of non Beta-ites. Let me see if I have figured out what to do...if you see this comment, then we will know I figured it out! If you DO NOT see this comment, please be sure and alert the authorities! HA HA!)

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 11/27/2006 7:42 PM  

  • Hey! It worked!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 11/27/2006 7:42 PM  

  • that is really funny!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 11/28/2006 8:06 AM  

  • HAHAHAHA! That's great! I wish we had snow like that...

    By Blogger spookyrach, at 11/28/2006 11:55 AM  

  • I remember the legend of passed out snowman! Let's make passed out snowmen this winter!

    By Blogger Pat, at 11/29/2006 7:09 AM  

  • Yes, do! And leave a pile of empty beer bottles by his belly. And take pictures!

    By Blogger Patti, at 12/02/2006 12:57 PM  

  • I tried to "shovel" my driveway last year by making a snowman also. The kids LOVED it. Guess brilliant minds think alike. However, I did stopped before it got to big and rolled it over to the side. I like the idea of passed out snowman though. Maybe we'll have to do that this year. Thanks for the story. J in Ypsi

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 12/04/2006 8:02 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home