Captainwow

Wednesday, November 01, 2006

Checks and Balances

Yesterday I found an old check register of mine. It was sort of fun to look through it. It reminded me that I only paid 470 a month in rent for the apartment I lived in at that time, and it shows all the vet bills I paid for Mocha when I first got her. She had all kinds of stuff going on.

There was the The Big Comfy Chair that was WAY too BIG for my living room. Looking back, I think I paid way too much for that thing, but it was a great chair! But it was almost bigger than my couch! Being somewhat challenged in the area of spatial relations, I stood in the store thinking "Yup, this chair will go PERFECTLY!!" Once it was home, it dwarfed the room and took over everything. Still, I loved being able to sit sideways in it with my head resting against one arm and my legs dangling over the other one. Great reading position, and great for watching Friends and CSI!

The record spans from 1999 to 2002. My hair guy's name was Clayton. I had forgotten that. I went to him for a few years until he started insisting on making me look old. Then I went to a Korean lady named Yon Sook. She used a razor to cut my hair. I thought that was really progressive. She was also cheaper than Clayton yet somehow understood that I was not yet 30 - she didn't need to give me old lady haircuts!!

I bought a bike rack from Nat at work for $25 and I never used it. I thought I was going to. But instead I hung it in the garage, and finally sold it at a garage sale right before I sold the house. The checks for all the buying of the house business are in there too. I paid an inspector to inspect the house, and I paid the realtor, and I paid my mom back for some of the closing costs that I borrowed. My first house. Housing for me went from $470 a month to $600 a month. Still not bad! And I only paid 8.74 a month for basic cable service. Cool deal!

I guess it's a little like a diary. Who knew a check register would be a trip down memory lane?

1 Comments:

  • I think sometimes those old check registers are better than diaries at reminding us of forgotten memories!

    By Blogger annie, at 11/02/2006 12:12 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home