Captainwow

Thursday, January 05, 2006

Pregnant Ranting

Did you know that if you drive a Hummer or an Excapade or whatever enormous automobile that guzzles ridiculous amounts of gas and in addition you are super skinny and pretty and extremely well dressed that everything you do is twenty times more annoying than if anyone else did it?

It's true.

If you're one of these folks, you should know that. You were wondering why everyone is so irritable when you're around, right? Well, now you know - that's probably at least part of it.

Perhaps part of it is envy on my part, but I'll just ignore that detail for ranting purposes.

A few days before New Years Eve, I was unable to find parking available in the only stork parking spot or anywhere close to the entrance at Meijer. As I approached the building and walked by the stork parking, a tall skinny girl catwalks primly out of the store talking on a cell phone in her 3 inch Gucci heels to get in her gigantic shiny fuel sucking vehicle with her triple huge coffee from Starbucks - looking very stick figure like and flat tummied and in fact very UN-PREGNANT!! THE NERVE! She apparantly thought it would be most efficient for her to park in the spot for PREGGO people! Here's me hauling my big belly in from the back of the parking lot, tired, out of breath and aching -- while she parks in THE closest spot to the entrance! Feh!

Ok, she might have BEEN like 3 weeks pregnant or something. I'll give her that. But she was not pregnant enough to use that parking spot!

Of course I might have been much less annoyed with her if she were average looking, driving an average car and wearing average clothing and not talking on a cell phone....

6 Comments:

  • I share your sentiments....:)

    By Blogger brenda, at 1/05/2006 2:06 PM  

  • Me too!

    By Blogger spookyrach, at 1/05/2006 2:44 PM  

  • It doesn't seem too thoughtful of Ms. Skinny-Britches to have taken the preggo parking place.

    I just visited a new blog (from studiobeerhorst), and I saw you there! Isn't that strange? I found it via an art blog I read regularly...are they friends of yours?...come to think of it, they might have been from whereever you are from....way up north where it is cold...hmmmm. Isn't that a strange thing??

    By Blogger annie, at 1/05/2006 8:53 PM  

  • Although I have never been in a position to deserve the preggers parking space, I do sympathize with you on that one. It kind of goes along with Mindy's rant about shopping cart non-returners. There is generally a diminution of civility in the USA, isn't there? Is the American emphasis on entertainment a symptom or a cause? (Make me laugh; make me cry; me, me, me!)

    By Blogger little david, at 1/05/2006 9:41 PM  

  • Wispy wench! I could have forgiven her if it was just her lithe form and her big friggin rig. But the cell phone gives her a blase attitude that makes me want to drop kick her into next week!

    By Blogger Pat, at 1/06/2006 7:44 PM  

  • If my kids were with me, I'd talk loudly to them about her (within her earshot) or if I were alone, I'd have waddled right up next to her saying, it was too bad all of the prego spots were taken.

    She's a snot.

    By Blogger Running2Ks, at 1/09/2006 1:39 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home