Captainwow

Tuesday, January 03, 2006

Muted and Misty

The world is gray and muted here in Captainwow Land. Gray, because it's rainy and gray out. Which, for me is not a bad thing. I don't mind this kind of weather. Muted, because I can't hear very well. I've been battling a mutant cold thingy for over a week now, and my ears have been more than a little affected. It's nice in a way. Everything sounds so quiet. I can't hear the street noises at night. I can't hear them during the day either. I can't hear my neighbors yelling or honking at each other or slamming car doors at 3AM, which is a blessing. I also cannot hear the phone ring unless I'm right on top of it and I can't hear half of what anyone is saying to me. I was in Target today and thought "WOW it's just so QUIET in here! Amazing!" Then I remembered that I am currently hearing impaired. I had a lot of ear trouble as a kid so this is not unfamiliar territory, but it's been many years since I've had this experience of not being able to hear very well.
So that's the way it's been around here. Now Amazing Man is also battling the crud valiantly so we're both a little debilitated.
In other news, we had materals for an entire new roof delivered to our house early this morning. Which was cool, except that we didn't order it and we don't need a new roof. The contractors arrived late morning to install it and I was able to stop them before they ripped our roof off to replace it. Apparently, the guy had already been up on the roof (I of course heard nothing) and said he thought we might be a little crazy asking for a complete tear down of a roof in such good condition! Well, WHEW! At least HE doesn't think we're crazy now.
Fooled him.

5 Comments:

  • I have wondered where you were. Seems like you've been mighty quiet. I am familiar with the ear troubles you describe...I hate when things are so muted it feels like you are down in a barrel. And then when you ears finally clear up and you can hear again, you keep saying "huh?" out of habit....gee I hope your ears get well soon.

    By Blogger annie, at 1/03/2006 9:30 PM  

  • I need a new roof!

    Course I didn't order it either.

    Happy New Year
    Michael

    By Blogger Michael, at 1/04/2006 9:42 AM  

  • feel better soon.

    I mean:

    FEEEL BETTTER SOOOOON!!!! Did you hear me?

    By Blogger Running2Ks, at 1/04/2006 3:46 PM  

  • You came so close to a new roof!!

    Feel better soon, friend. :)

    By Blogger Pat, at 1/04/2006 5:51 PM  

  • Oh man! Good thing you were home when the roof man cometh. Wow!

    By Blogger spookyrach, at 1/05/2006 2:42 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home