Captainwow

Thursday, December 15, 2005

Prickly Scented

I had been raving about a little bar called BW3 to my friend for a long time. Back then it was a downstairs basement place in East Lansing that had bouncers at the door and usually a line to get in on the weekend evenings.

You could get loads of really really HOT wings and pitchers of beer for cheap. Now, it's a big chain called Buffalo Wild Wings and they try to have more of a "family" atmosphere (minus the bouncers). They also charge a lot more for their food. For me it's lost some of that old charm, but I still like their food.

At any rate, this one evening, (several years ago) Marci and I found a parking spot in E. Lansing, not always an easy thing to do - and walked on over to where I thought BW3 was. I couldn't wait to share the experience with her. Unfortunately, I obviously hadn't been there in a while, because the picture you see above is what was there that night. Along with a big PIT in the ground where the bar had been. OOPS. Rather a shock for me, and a great opportunity for her to tease me saying Ya sure, there was a bar here... uh huh.... SUUUUURRE!

The cool Vernors sign was a really fun historical discovery for the city, and unfortunately they've covered it back up again, but for a little while, this was what was showing after the demolition.

I thought of this because I bought some Vernors the other day and did the inevitable... I went to take a drink and breathed in that Vernor's gingery effervescence and choked on it. I know some of you will know exactly what I'm talking about.

7 Comments:

  • Vernor's must be Michigan thing. I'd never heard of it until I moved to Michigan. It's got a unique taste that I enjoy.

    By Blogger Kevmo, at 12/15/2005 6:00 PM  

  • Don't ya just hate it when you get your mouth all set for a certain type of food and then ya can't have it? I bet that is REALLY bad when a person is susceptable to those pregnant cravings...

    By Blogger annie, at 12/15/2005 9:12 PM  

  • LOL, I totally know!

    By Blogger Running2Ks, at 12/16/2005 5:57 AM  

  • Well, I don't know about Vernon's but I have experienced Buffalo Wild Wings. Good wings, way overpriced. Decent atmosphere, but in a real corporate kind of way - no real character.

    By Blogger spookyrach, at 12/16/2005 12:08 PM  

  • Oh we need to send SpookyRach some Vernor's...she doesn't even know how to spell it!

    Word to the wise - plug your nose before you drink!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 12/17/2005 3:52 PM  

  • i know exactly what you mean...it happens to me everytime i drink ginger ale. when i drink diet coke, i inevitably end up with hiccups.

    pop is bad for us on so many levels (smile)...

    By Blogger becomingme, at 12/18/2005 12:25 PM  

  • That's one that I actually remember, and can you believe that I STILL have not experienced BW3?

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 12/19/2005 9:35 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home