Captainwow

Tuesday, August 31, 2004

Goodbye Little Flip Flop

You may recall, if you've read this Previous Flip Flop Post or yesterday's post that I have had some Flip Flop issues for about half the summer.

Well my friends, I have some very sad news. My little Flip Flop is gone. As in, my standby Favorite Pair of Flip Flops. There is now a sad and lonely Flip Flop somewhere in the bowels of our house, stuck between the Laundry Chute (yes, I do know how to spell it) and whatever is on the other side. There's no hope of getting it out that I can see short of tearing half the house down.

I thought I could save it, really I did. I thought I saw it hanging there by a thread but that was only a Tube Sock circa early 80's hanging there, caught forever on the edge of the Abyss. I discovered the Abyss when I looked up the Laundry Chute from the basement in my endeavor to rescue the lone Flip Flop. The Abyss is the hole in the Laundry Chute that we didn't know was there. And that, unfortunately is where my little Flip Flop has gone.

(Which raises an interesting, and very disgusting question of what ELSE might have tumbled into the Abyss unwittingly over the years. It's not likely that we'll ever know - or want to.)

Little Flip Flop's Significant Other sits on the floor surrounded by its own motley grief recovery support group. The Tennis Shoes are especially supportive. The New Turquoise Flip Flops are now feeling badly for being so flippant about their friendship. The Birkenstocks are relationally retarded but they do their best. The High Heels - well - they're high, and they're heels, so they're not much good to anyone in these kinds of cases. I think the most comforting are the Slippers. They know just how to be warm and fuzzy at just the right times.

2 Comments:

  • I'm so sorry for this senseless loss. Please send my condolences to the widow(er?). Thank God for slippers.

    By Blogger Pat, at 9/01/2004 7:22 AM  

  • my deepest condolences to you and flip flop. Perhaps you should tie him/her on a string and carry him/her around your neck for all eternity. After all, it's not his fault.

    By Blogger Mawci, at 9/01/2004 5:05 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home