Captainwow

Monday, August 30, 2004

My Flip Flop is Stuck in the Laundry Shoot

You should have seen it. Genius me got a couple of sets of sheets stuck in the laundry shoot.
The sheets are unstuck, but my flip flop is still stuck in there and I have a bloody hand to boot.

See, they didn't feel stuck so I let them go. But they were stuck. Very stuck. So I got a long stick. Too far down. So I went up. Really too far up to do any good. So I got the bright idea of tying some hemp chord to the end of the stick and dropping it down on the blockage to see if I had any success that way.
Nope.
But I did discover that the stick (actually a paint roller extension) could go down around the mass of sheets so I tied a flip flop to the other end of the string and dropped the stick so that I could pull the whole thing down.
It started to work but then the string broke and my flip flop was still up there.
The edge of the laundry shoot is really sharp by the way. And jamming a stick really hard up there tends to put the hands in danger.
Anyway if I stick my head in there I can see down and I think I can see where the flip flop is.
Have no fear little Flip Flop! I will rescue you!
If I can't do it, Amazing Man can!

3 Comments:

  • AARRGH!! Why can't it just be easy??
    What a great attitude, writing something fun about that ordeal! Hope Floppy finds freedom from fretful funnel forthwith.

    By Blogger Pat, at 8/30/2004 6:26 PM  

  • Is this one of the new flip flops? Have the newbies fallen into your good graces now, or are you really glad to see that icky new flip flop stuck in the laundry chute, suffering, scared, alone... but frankly, a good excuse to go out and purchase another new pair in hopes they will satisfy your flip flop fancies?
    Hmmm???

    By Blogger Mawci, at 8/31/2004 12:12 PM  

  • Unfortunately, it was one of my old stand-bys. My favorite cheap old Navy Flip Flops that I have adored since early Spring. More news in the next post...
    ~sniff~

    By Blogger Captainwow, at 8/31/2004 12:54 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home