Captainwow

Tuesday, June 01, 2004

Sidebar Envy

Bummer, dude.
::sob::

Your sidebar is bigger than mine.

::sniff::

OK so I don't get it. I ADMIT IT, OK!?!? Maybe it's like algebra or something. And there's an x missing? Or I forgot to divide on both sides to make one of the letters disappear?

::sob::

Blogger help said probably you have an entry that's too wide in your post and it's crowding out your sidebar.
uh huh...
And, that would be what I said in my letter begging for help. I had a big thing in there and then I deleted the big thing so there's no big thing now to crowd out the little thing and the whole thing should be FINE but the thing is -- the thing is actually WORSE! Well, actually I didn't say it quite like that - I said it without saying thing and thingy all over the place.

::sigh:: Thanks for listening, I feel better now.

And I planted some flowers this weekend.
In a pot.
And they're pretty.

See? My whole blogging jive is off 'cause of this whole sidebar thing. I'm really hung up on it. It's affecting my grammar and EVERYTHING! Thusly why I haven't wroten a pickin' thing all weekend.
Started to, but then got to niggling on the whole sidebar thing and obsessing and had to quit.

In other news, I got some new tires today. The tires were beginning to show white through them. Balder than Bald, one'o them thar tahrs wuz. While waiting there I spotted The Gov. The Governor is the father and grandfather of some friends of mine and I really don't know where his nickname came from, but it's fun calling him that so I do. So The Governor and I stood and talked while I waited for my new tire installation and then he asked me for a ride home. So I gave him one because his condo is very close to my work. He talked to me about the war in Iraq and about being a veteran and about turning 85 and about working at the bank for 30 years and he asked me about my wedding and how did I like living in GR and I asked about his wife's eyes and his trip back north for the summer and he asked about my mom and then we were at his house and we said goodbye.
I can't put my finger on this sense I had about this unexpected interaction. It seemed like only small talk on the surface, but there was something about it that seemed to me a gift. A tiny suprise in the middle of a mundane task.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home