Captainwow

Monday, April 02, 2007

Hot Noodles and Aged Peeps

For lunch I'm eating leftovers from XO we had last night. XO is a place downtown that has Chinese and Thai food. Make that GREAT Chinese and Thai food. It's in the same block as Mirado's and Little Bohemia and City Market where I first tasted Manchego Cheese!! It's the block from heaven! Except for when you want to park on that block. In which case it is definitely not heaven.

Which reminds me of a story. I once was in the habit of going to Little Panda in Lansing. They have good Chinese. I found out their dishes weren't all that spicy even if they said they were. So one day, all disdainful and young and snooty-like, I placed my order and said "Please, could you make it spicy this time? Your dishes are never spicy!!" I forgot to be nice, and I paid for it. I think they got revenge, because the dish was so painfully hot I could not taste it. It tasted like they used half a bottle of Dave's Insanity Sauce! I felt like this. (and here, I feel the need to reassure you that I do not look like that picture.)

It taught me a lesson though. So yesterday, when I ordered our food, I was very nice about ordering it extra spicy! I ordered the Singapore Noodles. They said on a scale of 1 - 5, how spicy? I said 4. Well, I'm glad I didn't say 5. Because these noodles are SSSSmokin!!

Dessert: Aged Peeps! Ya, baby!

2 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home