Captainwow

Friday, January 07, 2005

Aunt Spam

It came to pass one day that I was holding the grandchild of a friend of mine. We were talking and laughing when she noticed that the little guy could not take his eyes off my chest! Maybe it was because most babies have a thing about breasts for natural reasons, but also probably because the word SPAM was emblazoned in large yellow letters across the front of this T Shirt. The shirt was a freebie my mom got from the radio station she was working for. Why a SPAM shirt got sent to this radio station, I'm not sure but it was great fun to wear. I still have it somewhere.....

Not only are the letters big, but this was "pre-reduction", and I was rather large underneath it. This created quite an impressive navy blue and yellow billboard of sorts advertizing SPAM. I should have been paid for it!

Anyway, this little baby sat and stared at my SPAM chest a good deal of the morning. Even when I wasn't holding him, if he was in sight of it he would stare and stare and stare. Soon my friend started calling me Aunt Spam. Anytime I'd come around and the grandchild was there she'd say "LOOK!! it's your AUNT SPAM!!" And he'd get really excited because she was excited!

The name wore off eventually, but it was fun to be somebody's Aunt Spam for a little while.

*this story inspired by Real Live Preacher's post Tastefully Tacky.

3 Comments:

  • awww, cute ... * smile *

    By Blogger Saija, at 1/07/2005 8:09 PM  

  • Regardless of why, its nice when people are that excited to see you!

    By Blogger spookyrach, at 1/10/2005 5:05 PM  

  • Okay, I know that spam is full of sodium, nitrates, fat, and mystery meat. So what?

    Bill loved it. Of anyone in the world who would be particular about all of the above stated descriptives, Bill loved it.

    Well, he was also a boob man.

    What can I say.

    By Blogger Pat, at 1/11/2005 5:53 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home