Captainwow

Wednesday, December 29, 2004

Brain Bursts of Semi Related Topicals

Anamnesiac says: "Blanch the broccoli for 60-90 seconds in boiling water, then plunge into ice water. Dry thoroughly. This is the second most important step."

wait -- no, that was Braisin Hussy. (Cut and paste is great, isn't it!? I just thought I'd leave that little mistake in there for giggles!)

What if they had writing bloopers? Like, what the author wrote before the editor got to it. It could be at the end of the novel. What the writer accidentally said in the rough draft, what they misspelled, etc... the hilarity of the typos could be very entertaining.

Somehow I don't think this is going to catch on, ever.

I went with a friend to a movie yesterday, during which the woman next to us 2 seats down, came by herself but apparently wanted to hide, even in a dark movie theater. She slid way down in her seat and pulled her collar up around her. It kept falling down and she kept looking around and pulling it up. I found that very intriguing and I really wanted to ask her about it but decided if she was hiding she probably meant not to talk to anyone either. I suppose there could have been all kinds of explanations for that.

But I digress......

Anamnesiac really said: "you have done nothing to offend me. i have been recalibrated by a small revelation. about the nature of the setup of the structure of the current construction, if you will, of my life."

Sounds like a break up line, but I really, really like it. I think it meant she's not going to write in her blog for a while; maybe not ever. She wrote this Sept. 16, 2004 and nothing since, so that evidence would go far to make my theory more solid.

I really wanted to quote that.

Emerging Sideways quoted a verse recently about "living wide open".
I'm not so hot at that sometimes. Lately I've been living "closed tight shut, clamped down hard".

A recalibration of the nature of the setup of the structure of the current construction, if you will, of certain patterns of thinking -- of relating -- of ways I react to life -- would be nice right now.

4 Comments:

  • What was the first - most important step?

    By Blogger Headless-in-GR, at 12/30/2004 10:02 AM  

  • FREEZE the CHEESE! Freezing the Velveeta cheese makes it possible to grate it. That's the first most important step in that particular recipe.

    By Blogger Captainwow, at 12/30/2004 11:24 AM  

  • Huh?!!? Captain, what the hell are you talking about?
    -CJ

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 1/04/2005 12:21 AM  

  • Okay, is this about freezin the stinkin thinkin? (God, I hate that line, but I didn't know what else to say!) If so, may I say that you have a theological masterpiece on your well read yet predominantly obscure blog site?
    Yes, I mean it.

    By Blogger Pat, at 1/11/2005 6:36 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home