Captainwow

Monday, November 22, 2004

Purging Again

Here we are again, de-cluttering some more. We combined households and then we got MORE STUFF when we got married. For which we are very grateful for, but of course now there is TOO MUCH stacked around, so we are working on getting rid of a lot of the old and unused. A truckload went to Salvation Army today. Well, A CR-V load. That's not quite a truckload, but it's a fair amount. We'll have to do this in layers, I think. Like most good things, it can't all happen at once or we'd become overwhelmed and blow a joy fuse, I guess.

In other news, Mocha has lost more weight and is feeling like a kitten again. Almost. She can get on the bed now about 60% of the time. Now her belly swings even MORE when she runs - which can be quite comical. We could maybe have the vet do a tummytuck for her like they do with folks who lose a lot of weight and then have saggy skin, but that might be a bit much. Both cats are on a higher protein diet - not to be confused with Atkins - only to be more true to their carnivorous digestive systems. They seem to not only LOVE the canned food but do better on it.

And they poop less, I'm pretty sure. This is good.

As for me, I've been back to the working out thing and eating less and not seeing any success from that really to speak of, but my knees hurt less and I find I'm having more energy most days. Yesterday was an exception. I could have slept all day. I got up, read some, sat some. Layed on the couch and watched I Am Sam and of course cried because Sam is so sweet and it's such a heartbreaking story. Then I made lunch and we ate lunch and I took a nap. After that it was time to sit on the couch and watch the Nextel Race with Amazing Man for a couple of hours, after which we proceeded to our Sunday night Gathering where we ate and sat some more. After that we came home and I layed on the couch and watched movies and TV until 1 AM. Watched The Wool Cap. Another Tear Jerker. sigh.....

Today though, today is Make Up For Yesterday Day.

So far so good.

3 Comments:

  • Can Jackson come to your house to play? I spent a lot of the weekend playing computer games in the far reaches of the house because he watched I Am Sam not once, but twice! He tried to watch the Wool Cap, but I got all bossy and stole the remote. Switched to some pseudo-documentary about a haunted house in Conn. Geeze!

    By Blogger spookyrach, at 11/22/2004 5:44 PM  

  • Happy SanksGiving!

    By Blogger Mawci, at 11/24/2004 9:19 AM  

  • Yay - Mocha's losing poundage!
    Yay - less poop!

    I LOVE I Am Sam. Even though it makes me cry.

    By Blogger Pat, at 11/30/2004 11:18 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home