Captainwow

Friday, October 22, 2004

Playing With Words Again

September 25, 2003 in my early days of blogging I wrote a post about
Bellybuttons. I was referring to bellybuttons in the metaphorical sense of course, meaning that sometimes I think I'm strange for having certain thoughts or feelings until I tell someone else about them then they say "Oh I do that too!"

I'm stealing an idea from Going Jesus, to recycle that post in a new and exciting format. I've taken that post and translated it into German using Alta Vista's Babelfish Translator so that it reads like this:

Bauchnabel

I'm, welches am Alter 33 I'm nicht die einzige Person in der Welt mit einem Bauchnabel herausfindet. Leute sagen "Well selbstverständlich! Ich habe ein auch! SEE?" Und ich sage "OH, meine Güte, die Sie! Recht dort im gleichen Punkt wie meine! Wie wonderful!"
Und L dachte, daß ich gerade sonderbar war.

Then, when translated back to English, it comes out like this:

Belly Navel

I'm, which at the age 33 I'm the only person in the world with a belly navel does not find out. People say "Well naturally! I have also! SEE?" And I legend "OH, my quality, it! Quite there in the same point as my! As wonderful!"
And L thought that I was strange straight.

Does anyone else think this is absolutely hilarious, or am I simply strange straight!? (strangely straight?) hmmmmm

4 Comments:

  • Then to French

    I'm, qu'à l'âge 33 I'm la seule personne dans le monde avec un nombril de ventre ne découvre pas. Les gens disent le "Well naturellement ! J'ai également ! SEE?" ; Et "OH de légende de I, ma qualité, il ! Tout à fait là dans le même point que mon ! Comme wonderful!" ; Et L a pensé que j'étais droit étrange. Est-ce que n'importe qui d'autre suis pense ceci est absolument hilare, ou je droit simplement étrange ! ? (étrangement directement ?) hmmmmm

    And Back

    I'm, qu'à l'âge 33 I'm the only person in the world with a navel of belly does not discover. People say the "Well naturally! J'ai also! SEE?" ; And "OH of legend of I, my quality, it! Completely there in the same point as my! Like wonderful!" ; And L thought that j'étais strange right. N'importe which d'autre am thinks this is absolutely hilarious, or I simply strange right! ? (étrangement directly?) hmmmmm

    Ooooh, You made my day!
    Took me out of a funk and set me laughing! You with your navel of belly!

    Thank you, Thank you, Thank you.

    Take Care
    Michael

    By Blogger Michael, at 10/22/2004 3:32 PM  

  • Me, my Bauchnabel and my Navel of Belly thank YOU for visiting. I'm so happy to have made your day brighter!

    By Blogger Captainwow, at 10/22/2004 3:53 PM  

  • Or in Portuguese ( i'm also working on the Greek)

    Teclas De Barriga I'm que encontra para fora na idade 33 I'm não a única pessoa no mundo com uma tecla de barriga. Os povos dizem o "Well naturalmente! Eu tenho um demasiado! SEE?" E eu digo o "OH, meu goodness que você ! Direita lá no mesmo ponto que meus! Como wonderful!" E l pensou que eu era apenas estranho.

    Keys of tummy. I'm that found for wrapped in age 33 I'm not the only person no world with a key of tummy. Those turkeys say that, "Well naturally! I have one too much! See?" And I said "OH, my goodness what voice! Directly the no same point that mine! How wonderful!" And I thought I hey was just strange.

    What a great break from writing a mid-term paper on therories of the Atonement. I have a new theory! The Bellybutton theory... Silogism to follow.

    -st.d

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 10/23/2004 2:10 PM  

  • HAARRRR!!!!!
    Oh my gosh! I love this! I could do this all day. I used to have fun with babelfish trying to translate "closed" signs for the department from english to spanish. I'd go back to english, then on to french, to english, to portuguese, to english...
    It's kind of like playing hey jude on a trombone.
    Well, kind of.

    By Blogger Pat, at 11/03/2004 6:15 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home