Captainwow

Monday, October 11, 2004

Random Thoughts

I can feel myself holding my neck in such a way that I know will give me terrible knots. I sense it then I relax then 10 minutes later I'm doing it again… AAAGH! I feel like yelling at myself: "RELAX!!! HURRY!! DO IT NOW!!!"

I'm wrapping up the loose ends in my job so that the new person doesn't have too very many of my messes to clean up. I remember back to when I took over this job and the nightmare of trying to figure out the filing system (or lack of) and the mess of piles upon piles of stuff that hadn't been touched for months. At least I will have attempted to leave a clean slate as much as possible. It feels so good it makes me wish I'd done it sooner for myself!

Today I've been all over the map already. So far - and it's not even quite noon - I've had an "I hate everybody and I'm angry with the world!" moment. I've had an "I love you man!" moment (but it was sincere - I wasn't after anyone's beer) and an "Oh that is SOO SO SAD! I think I'm going to CRY!" moment.

I discovered a package of microwave popcorn in my rarely used desk drawer and that feels a little like Christmas.

There 112 cannisters of yummy chocolate Truffles in my office and I can't eat any of them because they're client gifts… the torture… I may just go mad.

It's a byoootiful day out.

And it's lunch time. I'm outta here!

2 Comments:

  • Howdie Captain!

    I can smell those truffles from here. You must have incredible will power.
    I hope your popcorn wasn't as old as some chocolate that I found yesterday when I was straightening up. I felt blessed until I put one in my mouth!

    Take Care
    Michael

    By Blogger Michael, at 10/11/2004 1:37 PM  

  • Moving puts my emotions in a tailspin too. At times like these, being tempted chocolate that's taking up the space you are trying to tidy up is just not right.
    Yay for Christmas popcorn!

    By Blogger Pat, at 10/11/2004 8:38 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home