Captainwow

Wednesday, September 22, 2004

Metaphorically Speaking, Of Course

Yesterday I managed to get through a Thing without slamming doors and erecting barricades and hauling out the bricks and mortar to reinforce ancient, crumbly walls.
Instead, I sat in the sand holding a brick and told myself I didn't need to do anything with it. I refrained from placing it in a wall or throwing it at anyone.
This is progress.

Also, (and this is NOT a metaphor) another Thing: I forgot to deliver Meals on Wheels yesterday. I felt about 1 centimeter high.
Not very many Things will push my "failure" button. But that Thing did.
And my Failure Button was probably sticking waaay out there because I had just gotten slammed in the chest with the other Thing. So there I was, lying flat on my back in the sand with my brick, pouting a little, and trying hard not to follow old patterns.

Today's a new day though, and it's a groovy one.

4 Comments:

  • ahhhhh, yes . . . the things . . . this thing shall pass too, hmmmmm? Looks like you're already sailing on by :) K

    By Blogger Katherine, at 9/22/2004 1:06 PM  

  • PREGO YOU ARE EVIL!! :o)

    By Blogger Captainwow, at 9/22/2004 4:36 PM  

  • Metaphor girl, sittin' in the sand, holdin' a brick, made of sand made hard, kickin' loose sand between her toes, master of the sand. You rule, groovy girl!

    By Blogger Pat, at 9/22/2004 9:44 PM  

  • I think it is great that you know not to throw your bricks. Lately I look at the brick and wonder, wait, what was this brick for again? I should throw it and feel better, no no no, better not do that. I'll just keep it with the other ones.... now I have a lot of bricks, but they are not suitable for building anything with!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 9/27/2004 10:16 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home