Captainwow

Friday, September 10, 2004

All I Want Is a Proper Cup of Coffee

Some Rules we read in the indie coffee shop Just Pat and I visited last night:

"Drunk is ok - obnoxious is not. You will be banned."
"Did you buy a drink? No? THEN STAY THE HELL OUT OF OUR BATHROOMS!"
"Do not put trash in this thing here. I hate you all."
"Trash goes in this thing here."
"NO BUMS. BUMS are ANNOYING."
And my favorite: "NO SLEAZIN ON THE LADIES."

One of the coffee drinks was called an Osama Bin Latte. Another was an Irish Car Bomb. This is not a politically correct place of business. There were many other expressive quotes taped up on the wall that I won't quote here.

There's something appealing to me about a place of business that skips all the politically correct stuff and says "Don't give us any of your shit. If you don't like us, fine. Go away."
(it also says a bit about the location and clientele...... But that's not the point)

I found an interesting article about the place. Check it out.

The JR is coming for a visit tomorrow! I can't wait!
I'm getting my hair cut today. I'm going to look just like Charlize Theron. Really!
You'll see.

2 Comments:

  • Wow! Cool place! I wanna go!

    By Blogger Headless-in-GR, at 9/10/2004 3:09 PM  

  • Wow, you found an article already! Cool story. Surreal experience. Funny, the quote "the other shops are trying too hard to be like Starbucks;" these guys just aren't trying period, and they're doing alright!

    By Blogger Pat, at 9/10/2004 6:43 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home