Captainwow

Monday, October 18, 2004

If You Drop It, Will It Bounce?

I saw a cartoon the other day that I liked a lot. It was the Mutt cartoon, or at least I think that's what it is called. It was in Saturday's newspaper sitting on a table in a coffee shop (Common Ground, for you locals) so I couldn't just tear it out. The kitty (mutt?) and his bird friend were sitting there and some birds flew up and invited the bird friend to fly south with them. So the bird turns to his cat friend and says "Hey, do you mind if I fly south with those birds?" and the Cat says "Sure, I understand." So the bird flies off and the cat says "Some people can't help being fair weather friends."
It really struck me that this little cartoon was a great illustration of a good friendship. Not grabby, anxious, or distrustful, but free and grace full.

2 Comments:

  • Cute cartoon. Good illustration. Must be kitty knew his birdy friend was coming back in the spring. :0)

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 10/18/2004 7:30 PM  

  • I wished I was the cat - but I think sometimes I'm the bird. I don't mean to be...

    It's just that warmer weather pulls.

    Maybe the kitty can come too?

    By Blogger Headless-in-GR, at 10/19/2004 10:28 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home