Captainwow

Wednesday, December 22, 2004

OH NO! I'm speaking in RHYME!

Pome I
by Captainwow

in which:
Rapunzel Discovers Jack Handy and Morphs Into Little Red Riding Hood

dedicated to Fragile Heroine with love and tongue in cheek dark humor

dark have been her dreams of late
of bleeding white kittens, black demon snakes
none can plumb, if truth be told
the deepest secrets may never unfold

weeping in the tower there
no way of escape by long golden hair
or white horse or chariot or magic carpet ride
from that stark truth she cannot hide

she opens a book called Deep Thoughts by Jack Handy
and thinks to herself well now isn't that dandy
she's reminded at last of a quote so very timely
"I'm good enough, I'm smart enough, and by golly - people like me!"

she flips out her cell phone to call her best friends
the ones she knows most there's no need to pretend
leave message we're busy was all she did hear
not one was around, that soon was clear

to one knee she did fall on that cold damp stone floor
she startled a rat who did run under the door
her cell phone it clattered, slid under the chair
her heart was so broken she did not care

she went to the window to ask of the sky
who am I where am I what again why?
she looked down below expecting to see
expanses and woods and the tops of the trees

instead what she saw was a shock to be sure
the scene out the window was quite different to her
the grass and the trees were not far below
if she wanted to she could just climb out the window

she grunted and struggled and climbed and quite soon
she tumbled out on her butt with a great big huge boom
the fall was so hard that stars she did see
and it took her a while to be able to breathe

she straightened her dress and fussed with her hair
she gathered her thoughts and finally remembered where
she was going to go before all of this started
before she got captured, her hair cut, called retarded

she put up her hood and tidied her basket
that was loaded up full with tiskets and taskets
now I remember now I know
where it was I intended to go

further down this path you see
lives someone so very special to me
my grandmother lives out here and beseeched
that I come and observe her brand new false teeth

8 Comments:

  • Hey captain Wow!

    I loved it.

    Take Care
    Michael

    By Blogger Michael, at 12/22/2004 11:56 AM  

  • Whoa! Did you make that up? I am not worthy of Wows or Pickles!

    By Blogger Headless-in-GR, at 12/22/2004 3:05 PM  

  • I was just gonna ask the same thing as headless...did you find that in your Jack Handy book?

    By Blogger Steve, at 12/22/2004 3:25 PM  

  • yes Sir and yes Ma'am I did make that up.

    By Blogger Captainwow, at 12/22/2004 4:38 PM  

  • wow, always nice to discover talent in the blogworld . . . :o)

    thanx for popping by betty crockers (duh, right), tho' one pie disappeared already last night (husbands do that) . . . and i noticed that our black cat could be your cats identical twin . . .

    Merry Christmas! saija

    By Blogger Saija, at 12/23/2004 10:33 AM  

  • Dang it, I knew I shouldn't have turned my phone off.
    Hugs and kisses and Merry Christmas wishes!!!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 12/23/2004 11:10 AM  

  • I am glad you wrote that "pome" because you really care and that is good. I think poems that rhyme have gotten the raw deal in the last 50 years or so. Lets bring a revival! There's nothing like poetry (especially rhyming poetry )to lift a sagging spirit---me thinks.....encouragement is always good.

    By Blogger brenda, at 12/23/2004 11:31 AM  

  • Not any less relevant than the proverbial "dark night of the soul," except the notoriety has been claimed. Very beautiful, and very amazing.

    By Blogger Pat, at 1/11/2005 6:39 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home