Captainwow

Wednesday, January 05, 2005

Stink and Love

My dear little kitty Mocha is my sweet, sweet girly. She is the cutest thing and has as wonderful of a personality as any cat I know. Yes, I realize she is an animal. But she's my little animal and this is my blog so you get to bear with me going on about her now and then.

So anyway, Mocha is a darling but she also has an overactive anal gland, and horrible breath. I'm sayin' she STINKS sometimes. Usually she's fine, but sometimes when the temperature is up and the wind is down, she smells very very bad.

However, she is so otherwise lovable that I am more than willing to ignore it when she is odiferous. Today, I'm feelin a cold coming on so I got some chicken soup started on the stove, I lit the kerosene heater, bundled up with an afghan and snuggled down to read for a while. Mocha promptly settled on top of me and began grooming. This means she's very happy, and I watched her a while and enjoyed being warm and cuddly with my kitty. Then, she yawned widely and I could smell her alligator breath. I said "Oh, Mocha you are so stinky!" Then she looked at me, one eye still stuck shut from the yawn, and her pink little tongue sticking out just a little and I couldn't help but say "Oh, Mocha you are so darn cute I can hardly stand it!" And I just love her, no matter how much she stinks.

And it got me to thinking about what a great blessing it is when we find ourselves with people who love us even when we put up a stink - who find us ever so adorable no matter what our silly quirks are.

5 Comments:

  • our Kitty was a smelly little thing too . . . well actually, a smelly BIG cat!! but we loved her ... towards the end of her life she would make horrible grunting noises, just trying to clean herself!!

    good analogy re love - hopefully we are loved unconditionally and also that we can love those stinkers in our lives!!

    hope your cold gets better soon! saija

    By Blogger Saija, at 1/05/2005 7:25 PM  

  • What a blessing of a post.

    Now I know that there is hope for me even though I stink.

    Take Care
    Michael

    By Blogger Michael, at 1/05/2005 9:05 PM  

  • Nice story.

    "Alligator breath"...love it!

    By Blogger Steve, at 1/06/2005 12:44 AM  

  • I'm actually opposed to stink...so if you stink, don't come running to me for love!

    By Blogger Headless-in-GR, at 1/06/2005 3:43 PM  

  • Grace. What a great post.

    By Blogger Pat, at 1/11/2005 6:27 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home