Captainwow

Thursday, July 01, 2004

3rd Rock From The Sun

Did you know that the Cassini spacecraft made it to Saturn last night? Yee haw! Kinda neat. It took 7 years to get there.
Click HERE if you'd like to read more about it.

On my way home from work last night I passed a camper that said WirelessTrips.com on the side. I looked it up this morning - and it's a blog. Complete with logo on the side of a camper. Looks like they're blogging their summer vacation. They happen to be in Michigan right now, so that's why I saw them.
Welcome to Michigan!

Yesterday was a stressful day at work for me. Which is rare. I'm only there 4 days a week and my job has been my job for so long I mostly run on auto pilot. It has its moments but for the most part it's not stressful anymore. But yesterday - it was a bit more pressure filled. Which is fine now and then. I decompressed on the drive home some and even more by having dinner with a good friend who grilled great stuff and served some pretty dang good wine.
Aaaahhhh... much better.

And this morning, I saw this on my way to work:
Brace yourself. This is not for the sensitive reader.
A guy was doing some serious mining. And I mean SERIOUS nose picking. That's not so weird, I see lots of that on my way to and from work. No problemo....everyone's gotta pick now and then - but this guy - I am 95 % sure that I saw him EAT IT!
Now, he may have just been scratching his lip or maybe he was biting a hangnail... I'm hearing the Seinfeld slap bass lick right about now..... "It wasn't a pick!!! It was a scratch!!!"

I also saw a truck with the name on it P. B. Gast. What if you were a Gast? People would ask you who your family was and you'd say "Me? Oh, I'm a Gast!" And they'd be aghast.

rim shot, cymbal clang

So ya, that's the news, complete with bad puns, from the daily commute.

In other news, my nephews are in Michigan all month. Stayin' with Grandma and visiting with Aunt Captainwow and Uncle Amazing Man sometimes too. It will be good to get to hang out with them some while they're here.

4th of July and Northwest Airlines will take us to Iowa - visiting with family. Hopefully we'll have a great time with family and find some fireworks to watch. The Pickle O's are going to take care of Hobbes and Mocha and make sure they don't starve.
Hope YOU find some fireworks to watch, or whatever makes your 4th of July happy.
Peace, baby, and have a great weekend!

1 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home