Captainwow

Sunday, March 23, 2008

Well, TRUCK it!

My son has learned a new word. I first heard him say it while he was playing in his crib. I figured he was just experimenting with sounds, as I don't think he's ever heard that word before. It's not a word we use regularly around here. He said it a few times: "Fuck! Fuck! Fuck!"

I tried not to let him see me laughing, and just ignored it.

Later I heard him saying it again. This time he was looking at me, and pointing to his truck. "FUCK??" I said "Yes! That is a TRUCK!"
And then I laughed my head off.

Now we keep pointing too his truck and saying "Sam, what's THIS?" He obliges by saying it for us occasionally. We try to keep our laughter mostly under control....

We know some may think we are evil parents. But we know it will pass, and he'll learn to say it right. For now, it's lots of fun!

5 Comments:

  • Oh dearie me! I had a friend whose grandson made the same mistake when pointing out a fire truck. Grandma had about the same reaction y'all did!

    By Blogger annie, at 3/24/2008 10:07 PM  

  • LMAO..that is so funny! You have got to write that done in the baby book.

    By Blogger Princess of Everything (and then some), at 3/26/2008 9:36 AM  

  • The other day he yelled it at the bank.... so funny!! He saw a truck go by and he said BYE BYE FUCK!!
    All the tellers (except one) were laughing and trying to get him to say it again!

    By Blogger Captainwow, at 3/26/2008 10:15 AM  

  • Makes me smile and remember my nephew who had the same pronunciation - now wait until he tries to say dumptruck -- think about it, and laugh, laugh, laugh!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 3/29/2008 10:24 PM  

  • "out of the mouths of babes" as they say. good one.

    nice blog btw, new visitor here

    By Blogger Rick Rockhill, at 3/30/2008 10:15 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home